login

Author Topic: Doctor Who Theater  (Read 918 times)

Offline DoctorWhoTheater

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Doctor Who Theater
« on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:02 PM »
I have posted this thread for where I will post all my upcoming videos of Doctor Who Theater

What is Doctor Who Theater? You might ask

If you answered, some cheesy MST3K ripoff, you'd be half right...I guess.

I am considerbaly young (16 to be exact) but I am into things that are way older than I am (sometimes I think I was born in the wrong year...) when it comes to the media I am almost immediately hooked into anything that is before my time...MST3K was one that was in my time, but trying to find it where I live (Wales) is like finding a needle in a haystack. I've seen most of the episodes on google and it was one of those strange bits of media that got me hooked and wanted me to do my own show, somewhat like that. A show where I made fun of something silly. After going through my collection of movies I came across an old Doctor Who VHS 9and I mean old. William Hartnell old. I'm surprised the thing worked.) Seeing the silly factor the show had back then in it's classic days, although it's very loveable, made it very riffable as well. So I decided, why the hell not riff the classic Doctor Who Series.

It won't be in chronological order, episode after episode, because if I don't have it, or I can't find it legally, than I can't record it, and I can't riff it. Luckily I managed to transfer a few episodes onto my computer and the pilot episode (an unearthly child, seeing as that was the pilot episode of Doctor Who) will be up on blip or dailymotion (depending which I decide to put it on. Most likely blip soon (youtube would take it down, because the BBC is very ravid when someone uses Doctor Who footage, even when it is within the laws of copyright due to satire and parody, and the fact I purchased that footage, even if I do forget how long ago it was. )

Right now i'm in the process of recording the riffing, I have a script written out with allocated times, and have watched this episode so many times I know it almost word for word, scene for scene, goof for goof. I would highly appreciate feedback once I put up the link in this thread, because I would like to make my video funny and entertaining.

So you have some backstory, you have some insight into what's coming up, I guess that's my introduciton to this forum and to my videos...hey, my name's Chris by the way...nice to meet you all .

Offline DoctorWhoTheater

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: Doctor Who Theater
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
What sort mic are you using?

Offline DoctorWhoTheater

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:05:47 AM »
a basic USB mic, th ones where you plug it in, computer installs it after recognising the driver software, then you can just use it.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:44:44 AM »
Dynamic or condenser, also do you use a p[op filter?