Author Topic: I think the simpsons has had the most noticable decline of any television show  (Read 11645 times)

Offline BF

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • ourmanbrett.blogspot.com
    • Our Man Brett
It's really a shame, too. The episodes from the last 4-5 seasons have just not been funny.

And I was reading about some of the ones from the mid-90s and I got all nostalgic for my childhood remembering how good they were

And thinking about it, it was that same feeling that really drew me to RiffTrax in the first place.

When I first watched MST3k on Comedy Central, I was in my very early years. I would watch it with my Dad and older brother. I was never really sure what was going on, but I loved it anyways.

Then I found myself remembering the show about the time that I entered High School and getting back in to it. Boy that got way off topic fast. I hate when I have a bad day and ramble.
USA! USA! USA! ME! ME!

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
It's really a shame, too. The episodes from the last 4-5 seasons have just not been funny.

I have been amused by several episodes from the last 4-5 seasons.  I don't think it has been as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Now LOST on the other hand..... 3rd season = stink!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
I have been amused by several episodes from the last 4-5 seasons.  I don't think it has been as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

second

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
I would say there was a dip followed by an upward trend that it's not cool to aknowledge. :^)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
It's like a rollercoaster for the Simpsons: they were ridin' the waves of popularity, all the way to the top of a huge wave!! Then, down they went. Sure, they came back up a few times, but it's just not the same as the first big wave.

• Compsognathus
the movie will kick ass

so let it be written so let it be done.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Well, they're not at their height, but the last couple seasons have been the best in a while.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
the movie will kick ass

so let it be written so let it be done.

The two trailers that are out crack me up!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 51
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
I dont know. I watch pretty regularly. The same thing goes for Family Guy and American Dad. But as far as if its going down hill. Well the show has been on for 18 years. I mean i was 12 when the show started. Now im almost into my 30's. So i think they are just running out fresh topics to talk about. Overall i still like the show and they do come out with a good amount of funny episodes.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Well, I kinda noticed the drop too, and it happened right about the same time Family Guy came on. I think from a competitive standpoint, they were trying to be irreverent and non-sequiterous like Family Guy. It just didn't work for me. I wanted to watch The Simpsons, not The Simpsons do Family Guy.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Well, I kinda noticed the drop too, and it happened right about the same time Family Guy came on. I think from a competitive standpoint, they were trying to be irreverent and non-sequiterous like Family Guy. It just didn't work for me. I wanted to watch The Simpsons, not The Simpsons do Family Guy.

My sentiments exactly.

• Compsognathus
I really dont know how the movie could suck, its the original team that made it what we all remember, plus a huge bedget and an extra hour and a half. 

recipe = awesome

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
The Simpsons are definitely on the down side of the 'Bell Curve'. But I still say that more then half their eps in the last few seasons have been funny.

They usually don't seem funny on first viewing. But I find they are funnier on second viewings.

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Cake or Death?
The Simpsons are definitely on the down side of the 'Bell Curve'.

Ugggh, memories of statistics class... [Faints]

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
I have been amused by several episodes from the last 4-5 seasons.  I don't think it has been as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

second

3rd