login

Author Topic: Wish it was funnier.  (Read 4252 times)

Offline lizziewants

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Wish it was funnier.
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »
I liked the Twilight Riff Trax but New Moon was not really all that funny.  Lots of reaching for old jokes.   Mainly just pissing on the actors, which is so tired.

I think you might be confused as to who Robert Pattinson is.  You might try watching Remember Me or How to Be, but you probably won't. 

You could also watch this and see that he makes more fun of himself than any of you ever could.  He's also funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KW73U4AkhY

Offline lizziewants

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: Wish it was funnier.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 07:34:40 PM »

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »
I think you might be confused as to who Robert Pattinson is.  You might try watching Remember Me or How to Be, but you probably won't. 

Or I can read this too:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/pattinson-i-work-as-hard-as-a-doctor_1122160

Pattinson: 'I Work As Hard As A Doctor'

ROBERT PATTINSON has shattered the illusion Hollywood actors have an easy life - insisting he works the same hours as most doctors.

The Twilight star is convinced the public sees movie stars as overpaid and pampered, but he's adamant his job is just as tough as working in a hospital, where most medics toil up to 50 hours a week.

He says, "You're doing doctor hours. Every doctor I've spoken to says the same thing, that you have no idea what's going on other than working. You're away from your family and friends, and all that stuff."

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:47 PM »
I'll give Rob the benefit of the doubt here and note that while he may work as many hours as doctors (or stockbrokers), most doctors can't send a production assistant off to get a latte from craft services in the middle of an operation.

And Liz? I'm pretty sure Pattinson's response to the riff of New Moon would be to point out jokes the guys missed rather than getting annoyed.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 332
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 11:26:29 PM »

Or I can read this too:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/pattinson-i-work-as-hard-as-a-doctor_1122160

Pattinson: 'I Work As Hard As A Doctor'

ROBERT PATTINSON has shattered the illusion Hollywood actors have an easy life - insisting he works the same hours as most doctors.

The Twilight star is convinced the public sees movie stars as overpaid and pampered, but he's adamant his job is just as tough as working in a hospital, where most medics toil up to 50 hours a week.

He says, "You're doing doctor hours. Every doctor I've spoken to says the same thing, that you have no idea what's going on other than working. You're away from your family and friends, and all that stuff."

Actors certainly "work" for 50hrs, but they are not acting or memorizing for that long.  Anyone who's ever been on a film set will tell you how boring it is.  The majority of time, actors are waiting for scenes to be set up (seriously, it can take hours to set up a single shot).  Then there's probably 10mins of filming, and then off to set up another shot.  The focus of the article should be more on the isolation (which is valid) rather than the hard work of an actor (questionable when comparing to marathon surgeries).

And I'd like to point out that I just realized that this thread has wandered into a territory undistinguishable from a Twilight forum.   Aren't there enough of those already?

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:46:34 AM »
And I'd like to point out that I just realized that this thread has wandered into a territory undistinguishable from a Twilight forum.   Aren't there enough of those already?

Where do you think Lizzie is from?   ;D

And for the record, I've seen How To Be, The Haunted Airman and part of Remember Me - and Pattinson is a decent actor.  Much too good for these Twilight films.

I don't think I'll accept that the riff for New Moon wasn't as good though.  I just think it was different because the second movie was so different from the first.

Can't wait to see what they do with Eclipse.  And Lizzie will be happy - they won't have "Evil Harpo" jokes to fall back on.   ;)

Offline lizziewants

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »
Well first of all... I don't tend to believe anything that he was "quoted" as saying.  I prefer to wait until I see video of things actually coming out of his mouth.  I'm sure, if he actually said that, he regrets it because it makes him sound like an ass.  Even though it's clear what he meant was that the hours are like doctors hours, not that the job was as hard or as important as a doctor's.  You must have had to dig pretty hard to find something like that.

Second... the reason I didn't think the New Moon riff was funny was not because I OMG I LUV RPATZ, it's because it was really not that funny.  I've been a huge fan of MST3K from when I was a kid, so I think I can have an informed opinion about what I find funny and what I don't without being labeled a TwiHARD.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 09:06:56 AM »
As a long time MSTie you'll recognize the sayings "a little good-natured ribbing" and "we're just funnin' ya!"

:)

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 11:55:41 PM »
Most doctors have to make out with nurse bella on their break time, though. They don't get paid for it.

I thought this one was hilarious, one of the best - and she falls in love with a passing merboy, then a gloomy skeleton boy. Don't let your fan status of some guy you have no real idea about let you discount the hilarity.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:03:54 AM by The Manatee »

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 12:17:01 AM »
Well first of all... I don't tend to believe anything that he was "quoted" as saying.  I prefer to wait until I see video of things actually coming out of his mouth.  I'm sure, if he actually said that, he regrets it because it makes him sound like an ass.  Even though it's clear what he meant was that the hours are like doctors hours, not that the job was as hard or as important as a doctor's.  You must have had to dig pretty hard to find something like that.

Second... the reason I didn't think the New Moon riff was funny was not because I OMG I LUV RPATZ, it's because it was really not that funny.  I've been a huge fan of MST3K from when I was a kid, so I think I can have an informed opinion about what I find funny and what I don't without being labeled a TwiHARD.

Most doctors have to make out with nurse bella on their break time, though. They don't get paid for it.

I thought this one was hilarious, one of the best - and she falls in love with a passing merboy, then a gloomy skeleton boy. Don't let your fan status of some guy you have no real idea about let you discount the hilarity.

It's too bad Lizziewants hasn't been online here in the past four months. I was going to ask her if she thought the iRiffs by Ice On Mars and The Angry Gibbons were any funnier. Of course, I prefer to wait until I see video of things actually coming out of her mouth. I don't tend to believe anything that she was "quoted" as saying.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:19:21 AM by FordPrefect »

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »

It's too bad Lizziewants hasn't been online here in the past four months. I was going to ask her if she thought the iRiffs by Ice On Mars and The Angry Gibbons were any funnier. Of course, I prefer to wait until I see video of things actually coming out of her mouth. I don't tend to believe anything that she was "quoted" as saying.

I don't let things like posts being six years old get in my way. I also know this sort very well. She googles pattinsin twice a day and will note any replies if she's not currently institutionalized. You can count on that, that's obviously how she got here in the first place.