login

Author Topic: DisembAudio's line -- help!  (Read 5751 times)

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
DisembAudio's line -- help!
« on: September 02, 2006, 05:15:14 AM »
I feel so silly, but I didn't get DA's line. I was starting to get some drift at that point, and it didn't come in the right place. I even tried backing everything up, but still no dice.  :( Would someone mind telling me which line it was supposed to come after? Thanks!!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline SmilinJackRoss

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 5
    • Heated Seats iRiffs
Re: DisembAudio's line -- help!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 07:33:16 AM »
I'm not exactly sure what part you're referring to, but the part where the two guys are in the yacht talking with the expensive liquor?  The friend says something about something being "long and hard", and DA chimes in with "that's what she said!"

It was actually pretty damn funny.  the funniest riff DA's ever cracked, I think.  (a joke like this one is all about the timing, and it wont work unless it comes in at the right moment.  try it again!)
Heated Seats iRiffs: Touched by an Angel | Marked for Death | Runaway | Heated Shorts (shorts collection)

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »
Thanks!
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 08:48:43 AM »
   "That's what she said," as a reply to an otherwise innocent remark is also used as a running joke on "The Office" just in case there's anybody out there who doesn't watch the best comedy currently on network tv.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:45:53 PM »
   "That's what she said," as a reply to an otherwise innocent remark is also used as a running joke on "The Office" just in case there's anybody out there who doesn't watch the best comedy currently on network tv.

There was a King of the Hill episode a few seasons agao that had a character that used that phrase constantly.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 02:30:44 PM »

The American remake is so unfunny it makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline J-Proof

• J-Proof
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »
Really? "The Office" is one of my alltime favorite shows ever
J to the Pizzo
P to the Jizzay...

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 09:46:07 AM »
its not like this is even close to a new joke.  its pretty much most common denominator stuff. 

Offline Petey Wheatstraw

• Liked: 0
  • "SMOG INSPECTION!"
    • Mystic Studios Productions
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 01:34:34 PM »
Really? "The Office" is one of my alltime favorite shows ever

The original "britcom" was great. The Americanized remake is one of the worst things that I've ever been subjected to. I liked Steve Carell on "The Daily Show" and some of the other things that he's done, but he's better when he's naturally funny, not when he tries to be funny, which is one of the reasons why the American "Office" is PATHETIC. It tries so hard to be funny, but it's just not. The original series was a lot funnier.
This iRiff will only be on sale for another few hours. Get it while it's cheap!

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 02:06:05 PM »
After enjoying the original British Office series, I was reluctant to check out the U.S. one, anticipating plenty of low toner messages and paper jams.

However, after an okay start, for me the U.S. series really came into its own in its second season.  Carell cracked me up about five times the other night.  They've developed the supporting characters well, and nicely balanced the humor with the romantic story, wisely giving precedence to the former.  Me likey.