login

Author Topic: IT'S THE 2010 NFL SEASON thread!!!  (Read 36039 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
IT'S THE 2010 NFL SEASON thread!!!
« on: July 07, 2010, 02:54:04 PM »
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Game  will be held on Sunday, August 8, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. EDT on NBC, with the Dallas Cowboys playing the Cincinnati Bengals at Fawcett Stadium in Canton, Ohio

TIS THE SEASON ONCE AGAIN FER SUM FOOTBAAALLLL!!! :highfive: :cheers:

We'll see if all these trade moves and draft picks will pan out for teams this year!! :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: IT'S THE 2010 NFL SEASON thread!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 04:44:23 PM »
I should be getting my season tickets in the mail in a couple weeks

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
Discounted I hope.. :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 05:34:58 PM »

Spoken like a man who does NOT want to go to the Panthers game in saint louis

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 06:10:17 PM »

Spoken like a man who does NOT want to go to the Panthers game in saint louis
D'OH! :speechless:

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:24:21 AM »
LOS ANGELES -- The desire is there for Brett Favre to return for another season with the Minnesota Vikings. If he doesn't return, it will be because his surgically repaired ankle won't allow him to, the quarterback said Wednesday night.

"It starts with the ankle," Favre said in an interview with ESPN's Hannah Storm backstage at the ESPY Awards. "I can walk fine, but you don't walk in football."

Favre When you wake up in the morning and your feet hurt it kind of makes the rest of your body hurt.

Favre said that he is still not completely healthy. "I guess at 40 I may never be," he said.

Favre said he thought his recovery from ankle surgery -- this Friday will mark eight weeks since the operation -- would have been quicker.

"I had hoped it would have been a little bit better at this point," he said.

Favre said his hurting ankle affects his entire body.

"When you wake up in the morning and your feet hurt it kind of makes the rest of your body hurt," he said. "And If you've been sacked 700 times that usually adds to it."

Favre said he knows the Vikings are a great team: "I know that now, I knew it last year," he said.

However, if he does return, he wants to make sure the Vikings are getting what they expect.

"I would love to play and be the best I can possibly be," he said. "That's what I'm working toward right now."

Favre had hoped to make a quicker decision on a return this time around, but that didn't happen.

"It's not desire," Favre said.

He said the "goosebumps come right back ... not that they ever left" when watching the highlight of his last-second touchdown pass last season to Greg Lewis, which won the pair of teammates the Best Play Award at the ESPYs.

"But physically, I want to know if I can play and make those type of plays," Favre said. "I don't know if I can ever answer that. At least in my mind that's how I feel where I have to be."

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »
Mark Kriegel on T O.. :D :D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
Sam Bradford's agents are in STL today talking contract with the Rams.   Most guess 45-50 million guarenteed.   Bradford himself is hanging out with Payton Manning working out with him.   Probably a smarter decision than mixing Purple Drank with JaMarcus.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:53:15 PM »

Pouring salt into your own wounds? OUCH!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:00:45 PM »
Sometimes I prefer to give myself a dose of my own medicine instead of someone else reminding me every NFL season :'(

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 03:38:35 PM »
So Terry Bradshaw doesn't like our 'still unsigned' drafted QB, Jimmy Clausen.. :o

http://www.wsbt.com/sports/irish/Bradshaw-rips-Clausen-98549079.html?video=pop&t=a

MIDDLEBURY - Four time Superbowl champion Terry Bradshaw is famous for offering his honest opinions in the broadcast booth, however unflattering they may be. Thursday, former Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen was caught in the cross-hairs.
Multimedia

"I didn't like him in college and I don't like him now", Bradshaw said to a crowd at EverGreen RV in Middlebury.

When asked about Clausen's potential as a pro, Bradshaw gave his opinion.

"I don't like his delivery. He's slow. I don't know how many big games he's won (at Notre Dame). As far as I can count, not many."

"A lot of guys can throw the ball and pile up stats, but are you a difference maker?"

Offline FLOCK of RABID SHEEP?!?!

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2010, 10:05:10 AM »
Football sucks ;) oh and Go Bangals! :P  ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 10:15:26 AM »
Football sucks ;) oh and Go Bangals! :P  ;D
Yer wun uv em err Denver horse fuhkers, ain't ya?! ;D

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:57:57 AM »
Uhboy.. Another rookie thinkin he's all that.. ::)
Clausen might blow chance to start if he's unsigned before camp

CHARLOTTE --

The Carolina Panthers have signed rookies faster than ever this summer, but finishing the last one could still provide some deadline drama with just under a week before training camp.

Quarterback Jimmy Clausen, the team's top pick (second round, 48th overall), is the last of their 10 draft picks without a signed contract. His will be the most complicated of the lot, and remains stalled like most top picks.

By Thursday afternoon, only one first-rounder and two seconds had signed league-wide, and the expectation is that Clausen's deal will take the Panthers all the way into next week.

The Panthers report to Wofford College in Spartanburg, Wednesday and begin practice the following day.

Clausen's agent, Gary Wichard, said Thursday that he's exchanged proposals with the Panthers, but didn't want to comment on the particulars or speculate on when a deal might get done. Likewise, Panthers general manager Marty Hurney won't comment on negotiations.

Other than linebacker Jon Beason, who missed the first eight days of training camp in 2007, the Panthers have been generally successful getting everyone on the field in time. That doesn't mean there's no drama, as they traditionally have to burn midnight oil to finish some.

In 2008, running back Jonathan Stewart was actually turned away from the players dorm when some last-minute issues delayed his deal, forcing him to stay in a nearby Motel 6. Others, such as tackles Jeff Otah and Jordan Gross, were reporting-day deals as well.

Getting into camp on time will be crucial for Clausen if he wants to push for a starting job, as any delay could kill his chances to surpass Matt Moore in the short term. Of course, the moment he signs a four-year deal, he'll have three more years of security than Moore (whose contract expires this year).

But a number of issues complicate Clausen's negotiation, not the least of which is the league's labor uncertainty.

A number of agents have said recently that the league's impasse with the players' union toward a new collective bargaining agreement was a factor in the slow pace of rookie signings.

The CBA expires after this season, setting the stage for a possible lockout next year.

This year will be played without a salary cap, and rather than create a free-agent rush this offseason, deals have been smaller and fewer than most expected.

When Clausen signs, his deal figures to have incentives - based on his potential as a future starter - which could make it more difficult to negotiate than some of the boilerplate deals late-round picks get.