Author Topic: TROLL 2? TROLL 2????? (Thoughts)  (Read 53012 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3146
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
TROLL 2? TROLL 2????? (Thoughts)
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:02:07 PM »
I know it's early, but I REALLY wanted to name the thoughts thread on this one. :^) Post 'em after you've had your chance to witness the horror and the humor blend as one.

Hank

Re: TROLL 2? TROLL 2????? (Thoughts)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »
This riff really brought back memories

of the half-assed Youtube MST3K attempts.

I have to say that Lowtax's delivery was really...off. So much that he almost threw off Mike's lines. To me, he and Mike just didn't jibe well. Rich's lines felt like I was watching a Mike solo riff, and someone dubbed over it with their own attempt.

I was able to sit through the whole thing, so I guess it was better than the Youtube "attempts" (Of which I couldn't sit through ten minutes worth).

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3146
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 11:29:28 AM »
Interesting... How have you seen it? :^)

Janitor

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 11:59:34 AM »
Fantastic. I had no idea who this Lowtax clown was, now that I know, I don't care. If Mike likes him, I'm sure he's not that bad of a guy. But does that make him a good riffer. I guess not. But, I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 12:03:45 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/showSample.php?vidID=58

Linked from the "sample" thread.

I save final judgment for when I see the entire riff, but yeah, Rich has never had much of a speaking voice.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:06:38 PM by Tarantulas »

Offline AmandaGal

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 14
  • Every new beginning starts with an end
    • Little Rock Information
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 02:59:35 PM »
Just by hearing the sample, Lowtax's pitch is too similiar to Mike's for my taste. That's why I like Kevin and Bill, they both have big, distinguishable voices.  It's not that he sounds exactly like Mike, of course and I'm not so dumb I was saying, "Was that Mike or the other guy?!  I'm so confused, THE HORROR!"  But, when the lines start out, they sound a lot alike.  I'm probably the only one who thinks so and I'll probably recant after I hear the rest.

The delivery begs to be seen.  I doubt Lowtax can compete with Mike's inflection and pacing (that sounds dirty) but I should probably not judge based on 5-6 lines and I don't expect him to anyway. Mike and the others have been at this a while.
�mike5150� how tall are you?.....in gallons?

Janitor

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 03:07:05 PM »
I think you're selling yourself short Amanda. I see what you're saying. This lowtax character sounded like he was doing a Nelson impression. We'll see. Maybe it was a poor choice for a preview.

Offline HulkaMatt

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 03:19:56 PM »
Fantastic. I had no idea who this Lowtax clown was, now that I know, I don't care. If Mike likes him, I'm sure he's not that bad of a guy. But does that make him a good riffer. I guess not. But, I'll find out for sure tomorrow.

When he got back he said some of the things he said may sound a bit weird so you can expect a few lines to sound kind of off, but i'm sure either way it'll be great.

I think you're selling yourself short Amanda. I see what you're saying. This lowtax character sounded like he was doing a Nelson impression. We'll see. Maybe it was a poor choice for a preview.

Nope thats his voice lol

Offline Cloake

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 05:07:54 PM »
Obviously you shouldn't go into this expecting the exact same chemistry as with the "original 3" riffers.  Yeah, it's gonna be different.  I found the sample funny.

Even if his riffing isn't quite up to par with Mike and the others (and I'm not saying it isn't just yet), it's good for Mike to have someone to play off of.

Janitor

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
I like reading what all these new guys have to say. It's neat.

Janitor

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 05:14:53 PM »
Me included of course. (new guy)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 06:18:23 PM »
How many are from Somethingawful.com though?

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 06:22:16 PM »
I don't know. It does sound kinda like the charity rifftrax a little, where one lucky riffer gets to read lines with Mike. I dunno. I just hope the rest of the riff is better, but I'm unsure. It just seems a little bittersweet to have one of the most requested rifftrax on here be done with a stranger, (and by stranger, I mean someone who has never riffed before, let alone heard their voice before). All I gotta say is that Mike, Kevin, & Bill better be there for RED DAWN! ;D Sorry, but I will not stop campaigning until it is done.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 06:24:10 PM »
so is red dawn the new troll 2 lol

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
    • GoodTimers Hockey
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 06:30:08 PM »