login

Author Topic: Whip It  (Read 419 times)

Offline AJMoosie

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
Whip It
« on: June 26, 2010, 10:59:39 PM »
Oh, man is this one deliciously feminist...feministly cliche, that is. Filled to the brim with girl power agitprop and feminist plot convenience that'll make Gloria Steinem blush, this movie has plenty of material worth riffing on. I can see why Ellen Page signed onto this instead of Drag Me to Hell.

Offline Moe

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Re: Whip It
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
Oh, man is this one deliciously feminist...feministly cliche, that is. Filled to the brim with girl power agitprop and feminist plot convenience that'll make Gloria Steinem blush, this movie has plenty of material worth riffing on. I can see why Ellen Page signed onto this instead of Drag Me to Hell.

I do have to say... The only other movie that had more blatant "girl power" was spice world. 

It's very drab for me.  Yeah, it's a movie for women... I get it... but as a guy, I really couldn't find 1 single thing to enjoy about it.  Other than the fact that I have a crush on Ellen Page... 

It's stale with long pauses.   Horrible side parts for Sean Tillman (Har Mar Superstar) and Jimmy Fallon... to the point where they weren't needed at all. 
a seriously stereotypical main character.  I guess what i'm most surprised at is how much pull Ellen Page has to get her friends into films either by their music or even as actors.  Juno, Whip it... now Snitches and Bitches.... strange. 

Anyway, yes... Whip it gets my vote.