Author Topic: ReBoot!  (Read 3468 times)

Offline Trufire

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
ReBoot!
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »
Now this is quite possibly my favorite "cartoon" show. Why? Not only was it the first CGI tv show but it had amazing voice talents. The shows theme itself was original and it threw in many pop culture jokes subtly. This made adults love the show as well. It truly is a shame that it never was fully resolved and has a wide open cliff hanger for the finale. The story line itself was dark (especially in the third season) and the graphics were improving greatly. Why is it that some of the greatest shows are forgien too? It was after all made in Canada ;) They just seem to be so cool lol. So are there any other fans of this show out there?
"I like me..." Caboose; Red vs Blue

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
Re: ReBoot!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:29:47 AM »
Yeah, I have the 3rd season DVDs, I really enjoyed the show, some great stuff there.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3141
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:37:06 AM »
Didn't it tie with Beast Wars as far as being the first CGI show?

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 09:00:10 AM »
Both were animated by Mainframe Entertainment.

I enjoyed Beast Wars / Beast Machines...

It is a shame that Reboot sort of got ended on a cliffhanger, never to be resolved.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 09:43:10 AM »
My friend Kim has a ReBoot web site:

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/slachash/

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Trufire

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »
Beast wars came about 2 years after ReBoot came out which is why there is a bit of a lapse inbetween those seasons as well. Stupid ABC cancelling it as well doesn't help. :-P

Offline homerjayla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Rich in heady goodness!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 01:18:13 PM »
I liked it when it was on ABC but when they should it on Cartoon Network it sucked ass. They edited them and cut stuff out. I'm glad I still have the tapes of the ones they showed on ABC.
Global warming, where?

Offline Trufire

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 03:10:13 AM »
The full virtually unedited series is on youtube. I just finished watching it tonight and am extremly frustrated on the cliffhanger ending.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 01:24:45 AM »
I love Reboot. It became especially good in the 3rd season, as it was more mature. And I, too, am frustrated at the cliffhanger ending. This is why I'm also a big supporter of shows that actually end. Shows that will actually close the story and say "thanks for watching, that's the whole story. we're done."

I've come to truly detest series that just keep on putting out show after show in their popularity, only to simply cancel it once the ratings finally dragged down their profits, and never gave a thought to the overall story. This of course only matters I suppose with series that actually have stories that span all the episodes in the series, like Babylon 5, and of course, Reboot in its later seasons. As we see with Reboot, it's truly a dis-service to the fans, and to the art of storytelling itself (in my opinion) to see a series get cancelled without wrapping up the story. (On a related note, I was glad Sci-Fi at least allowed Farscape to make an effort at closing the story after they ruthlessly cancelled it.)

Offline Trufire

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 11:25:58 AM »
No joke. I could name a slew of good shows that ended before their time. I was happy to see that Babylon 5 was able to get the 5 year contract that they needed to finish the show out. Reboot nees to just make one more movie to wrap everything up. One more that's all I ask for! :-P It is a shame Tony Jay died last year (voice of Megabite). It looks like Sci-Fi won't make the same mistake with Stargate Sg-1 though and won't let it end with a cliffhanger. It is just going to pass the torch to Stargate Atlantis.

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:19:20 PM »
1) I was happy to see that Babylon 5 was able to get the 5 year contract that they needed to finish the show out.

2) Reboot nees to just make one more movie to wrap everything up. One more that's all I ask for!

3) It is a shame Tony Jay died last year (voice of Megabite).

4) It looks like Sci-Fi won't make the same mistake with Stargate Sg-1 though and won't let it end with a cliffhanger. It is just going to pass the torch to Stargate Atlantis.

1) As was I. I actually asked a few of the stars about the fact that it had been written to end, and the importance of bringing a conclusion to a series, when I saw them at DragonCon one year a while back. They didn't really know what to say and gave a fairly generic sounding answer, so they apparently had never thought of that issue.  I'm not trying to make fun of them though, I'm sure I just caught them off guard with a question that wasn't some general drivel they've probably been asked a thousand times already like "What was it like working on the show?"

2) Amen brother. We need a story wrap up. One good movie is all we need. Although, the greedy side of me would like to see a series remake using todays more advanced rendering capabilities and for them to make the show "gritty" from the very beginning. :D

3) He did? Crap. First I've heard of it.

4) Yeah, I can give Sci-Fi a little credit that they're finally wrapping the show up. Well, sort of. The passing of the torch to Atlantis semi-negates any "final wrap up" of the story concept at least... and they're still fighting aliens trying to take over the galaxy. BAH! Find a new plot already or wrap up Atlantis too!

Offline Trufire

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 09:59:36 PM »
All bad guys are looking to take over the net, world, universe though. It's hard to come up with an entirly new bad guy concept :-P That is why I give credit to Star Trek for never having a sole bad guy that the story line focused upon. Sure you had the Borg but they didn't bring them up ever 2 or 3 episodes either. Stargate tried the same thing but the Gou'ald was the meat of the show. Not saying it was bad though cause it was still a great show.

My greedy side also wants the series to revive but i'll take what I can get :-P

Offline timechaser

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2007, 12:55:07 PM »
I like this show, but I don't remember it well. What was that episode when they ride a banana through a castle, or whatever it was?
He split Robin's arrow in twain!!

Offline Jinto

• Big Montana
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 09:06:48 PM »
I like this show, but I don't remember it well. What was that episode when they ride a banana through a castle, or whatever it was?

Season 1 - Episode 9 "Wizards, Warriors, and a Word from our Sponsor". It was a great spoof of D&D style RPGs.

Offline timechaser

• Sparkles in Sunlight
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:09 PM »

Season 1 - Episode 9 "Wizards, Warriors, and a Word from our Sponsor". It was a great spoof of D&D style RPGs.

Oh yeah, that was a great one
He split Robin's arrow in twain!!