Author Topic: I think the simpsons has had the most noticable decline of any television show  (Read 11737 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
If they are going to make a joke that references their political beliefs that is fine. Just make it funny is all I ask and not so heavy handed and obvious.

Is this along the same lines of "people in musical groups shouldn't voice their opinions on politics"?

I only ask that if they do, let their music do it for them. Nothing worse than going to show and have someone preach over and over and over about the same stuff they preach in their songs. I saw the Circle Jerks right before the last election and man Keith would not stop preaching about the evils of Bush and what not. It was bad. Just let your music do it for you.  Bad Religion on the other hand not a damn word was said between songs they let everything that needed to be said come out in their music.

Now back on topic:

Simpsons still funny!!!!

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline homerjayla

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Rich in heady goodness!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b1Njv6Ifeo

A new Ad for The Simpsons movie. It looks pretty stupid.
Global warming, where?

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
What I want to know is, Why pay $9-$13 for what you can essentially see for free Sunday nights on FOX?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Because it'll be longer and because it'll be Simpsons we haven't seen yet. :^)

Incidentally, was anyone watching Sunday's ep? One of the best ones in a while IMHO. :^)

Offline ambitiously stupid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I'm not a nerd. Nerds are smart.
Why pay $9-$13 for what you can essentially see for free Sunday nights on FOX?
Because I would pay $9-$13 to see it on Sunday nights if I had too.
When punks start hasslin' decent people, I make it my buisness!

Listen Murdock, I'm sick and tired of your dead lobster...

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
Well, whatever floats your boat. I think Family Guy is pretty funny, but I didn't rush out to buy the Stewie movie. It ended up just airing on TV anyway.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Well, whatever floats your boat. I think Family Guy is pretty funny, but I didn't rush out to buy the Stewie movie. It ended up just airing on TV anyway.
the DVDrip leaked well in advance for the Stewie movie, something futurama should be very concerned about if they go direct to dvd

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1547
Maybe it's because I never cared for the Simpson's much, but I didn't think it went thaaaat down hill. 

Freakazoid's last season, however, was horrible compared to the first two.  I just stopped laughing.  And I loved that show. 

Though I can't make a fair comparison.  I was never attached to the Simpson's like I was Freakazoid, so I couldn't tell when it supposedly started to go down hill. 

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Twins Territory
freakazoid had more than one season?

;)

lol, now that I've made fun of a show I've never seen but vaguely know about, was freakazoid really that good? I mean comparing it to the simpsons, thats saying alot (or werent you comparing it, maybe I'm confused)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
I was comparing their downfalls, not necessarily the shows.  I think freakazoid went rockbottom a lot faster and harder than the Simpsons. 

Though, my opinion is that Freakazoid is funnier.  I laughed out loud a whole lot during freakazoid, and not so much with the Simpson's.  It was just more my style of humor.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3212
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Freakazoid deserves its comparison to The Simpsons. Was a different type of humor. Humor-wise it fell more somewhere between Animaniacs and The Tick, but I loved it, start-to-finish. Excellent, short-lived, funny, funny show. :^)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Twins Territory
well I guess thats better than a show being axed when its in full stride ala Futurama (which luckily is making a temporary comeback next year) . But hey its cool that you like the show, maybe I'll look for it sometime if I ever decide to start torrenting again (its been a long time) .

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
The DAP is your friend....