Author Topic: Family Teamwork - Now available!!!  (Read 3505 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
Family Teamwork - Now available!!!
« on: June 15, 2010, 03:16:26 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/family-teamwork

Do you ever stop to reflect on what an ungrateful, useless little puke you were as a child?  Like when your father came home after his 60 hour work week with the new lunchbox he thought you wanted, and you threw a red-faced tantrum because it was Go-Bots, not Transformers?  Or the time your mother served the stuffed turkey she spent the whole day perfecting, and you flipped it on the floor, shrieking that you wanted McNuggets and didn't love her anymore?

Yes, children are terrible.  And Family Teamwork gleefully drives that point home, with help from a brain-drilling theme wonderfully reminiscent of the music from Nintendo's Bubble Bobble.  One boy turns sour when he learns his family's newfound poverty means they can't afford the trailer-tent he had his heart set on.  Selfishly, he never thinks to ask how his family feels, or what the hell a trailer-tent might be.  In this, and other scenarios, Family Teamwork serves up a heaping helping of shame, teaching kids important lessons about the joys of responding to passive-aggressive guilt.  For the team!

Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Family Teamwork...as soon as they get off those dang skateboards...wait, they STILL haven't washed the car?  Of all the no-good...great, there goes my ulcer.   

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/family-teamwork
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Family Teamwork - Now available!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
Loved the bit about the rotating hat. The father looks really familiar. I think I've seen that actor before but I can't remember where...

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »
Friggin short sure does take a Looong Time to download.. (Damn Mexico Internet) :angry:

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 05:33:23 PM »
This looks awesome. "Stay in there, demon hat!"
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 07:44:28 PM »
"The family team went 3-13 that year, Dad was replaced by Norv Turner"
 :D

I also loved the Team Jacob reference.

Offline BDiamond

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • Prevarications & Exaggerations
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:52:16 PM »
Loved the bit about the rotating hat. The father looks really familiar. I think I've seen that actor before but I can't remember where...

Bill Cobbs.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0167850/

Where do I remember him from?  Of all things, Air Bud (he's the school janitor) and Demolition Man (he's the oldest cop on the force). But it looks like he's been in a ton of stuff, according to his IMDB page. I know I've seen him around; he's one of those "That Guy" actors. You know the face, but not the name.
Buy my book! "The Angel of Lies" is on sale now!
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50193

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »

Bill Cobbs.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0167850/

Where do I remember him from?  Of all things, Air Bud (he's the school janitor) and Demolition Man (he's the oldest cop on the force). But it looks like he's been in a ton of stuff, according to his IMDB page. I know I've seen him around; he's one of those "That Guy" actors. You know the face, but not the name.
Yes! He is definitely one of those character actors you remember the face of but not the name. Cool guy. Always entertaining.

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 09:08:32 PM »
my hat keeps rotating! stay in there demon hat! >:D

Offline Steel Monkey

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 08:16:34 AM »
I liked this short especially the line "Their depression really brighten me up".

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 04:49:03 PM »
I don't know, I found this one to be pretty damn weird and creepy. That first family....yeesh.