Poll

Is this the single most insane thing ever riffed?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Is this the single most insane thing ever riffed?  (Read 3738 times)

Doctor Who?

Is this the single most insane thing ever riffed?
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:37 PM »
I mean I just saw it and we have Brando acting being so completely looney tunes is makes Michel Jackson look sane,Kilmer trying be Brando,the English got freaking out and screaming at odd times for no reason,those two guys who's names we never find out fighting to the death for no reason,and that is before all the weird animal people.  I am going to say yes,this beats The Room for most insane thing ever riffed.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5711
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Is this the single most insane thing ever riffed?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
Nah, I think Transformers 2 wins hands down.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
At least Transformers 2 was a straight forward action movie.  Sure it was badly made,no research was done,the humor was bad,and it was racist but I don't think it ever crossed over into insane like this movie did.  Transformers 2 was badly made,but at least it tried to stick to some form of logic,yes it was stupid Bay logic but still I didn't see the moment Brando went insane in Transformers 2.  Also Kilmer trying to be Brando is the most insane thing I think I have ever seen.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 01:03:24 AM »
This is one that I've put off trying...

I think you've convinced me.

Watchman

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 01:27:24 AM »
Also Kilmer trying to be Brando is the most insane thing I think I have ever seen.
But that's a good thing!

If you're interested to know why it's so insane, this is must-reading: http://www.everythingisundercontrol.org/nagtloper/iviews/lostsouls.php
On the third day, when Kilmer did finally show, it was clear that not only did he not know his lines, he did not even appear to know which scene he was supposed to be in. Although one actor on the set recalls that Kilmer recited "lines written for other characters, in other scenes," Stanley remembers it differently: "He'd do [the lines], but he'd throw it all away."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:37:14 AM by Mr. Katonic »

Watchman

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »
This is one that I've put off trying...

Now you're the one missing out!
"By the time Brando had arrived [...] no one was willing to say no to anything, which is why Brando wears an ice bucket on his head in one scene," Stanley says. Brando himself later commented that particular scene: "I was just so bored, I didn't know what else to do!" The constant rewrites also got to his nerve and having no motivation to keep rehearsing new lines, he was equipped with a small radio receiver. David Thewlis recollects: "[Marlon would] be in the middle of a scene and suddenly he'd be picking up police messages and would repeat, `There's a robbery at Woolworths'."
http://www.everythingisundercontrol.org/nagtloper/moreau/moreau2.php#timeline

Offline The Manatee

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »
Kilmer's clothes alone make it the most insane thing ever riffed.