login

Author Topic: Armageddon - Now available!!!  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
Armageddon - Now available!!!
« on: June 11, 2010, 10:59:08 AM »
Now released for your laughing pleasure:
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/armageddon
This important question remains unasked during Armageddon's absurdly inflated running time*...until now. So join That English Guy(TM) as he considers this and other issues. And probably makes fun of Ben Affleck, too.

*And apparently there's a director's cut! Please avoid it, for two good reasons:

1) Your RiffTrax won't match up
2) Nobody wants even more of the damn thing.

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax-presents/armageddon
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
Re: Armageddon - Now available!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »
YAHOO!   Just got thru reading the latest in the Coming Soon thread about the low productivity of the riffs this year and then I see this!   :clap:  I approve.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »
Well there goes my weekend.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:10:27 PM »
Right now I'm authoring the latest Voyager riffs.  I'm going to purchase the latest Quiptracks and now the latest Rifftrax Presents.  I'm gonna be busy and I'll be trying to follow the 24 hrs of Lemans.  Thats multi-tasking.
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »

No kidding. 3-hour movies make for like 10-hour reauthors if you really wanna get it right.

By the way, they beat us to yet another Riff Raff Theater plan. That's what we get for slacking off on it for 2 years.
(We might still get to it someday)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:57:11 PM by David »

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »

No kidding. 3-hour movies make for like 10-hour reauthors if you really wanna get it right.

By the way, they beat us to yet another Riff Raff Theater plan. That's what we get for slacking off on it for 2 years.
(We might still get to it someday)

Wow, thank god I live a life of quiet desperation and loneliness so I can watch all the DVDs I am behind on...... oh wait.....

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 02:00:43 PM »
Huh? I'm starting on the burn of the disc right now and I'm on the two hour mark. (And that time includes a trip over to Amazon to look for an mp3 and forgetting that I was in the middle of a reauthor.) I even did a little movie for the opening "welcome to the riff" audio.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 48
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »
I do a lot of work to make sure I can hear every joke. I included watch-testing in the figure. I also am prone to hyperbole.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2639
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »
YAHOO!   Just got thru reading the latest in the Coming Soon thread about the low productivity of the riffs this year and then I see this!   :clap:  I approve.

I like to think we helped them rush the release out. ;P
FINE

Offline blumanchu

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Glows with lights out
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 05:43:23 PM »
Meh - It's nice this release came out and I just dowloaded it but I wish they'd expand their rotation beyond Matthew/Cole-Janet/Blame Society for the "Rifftrax Presents" label. Take them out of the equation along with the Bill/Kevin/Guest ones (I consider those more "official" Rifftrax anyway) and there's only 2 other groups that took a crack at these (one a contest winner and one a bone-toss to Coulton). I'm sure there are some great comedians or guest stars that would be awesome at this...or even give the spotlight to one of the productive iRiff groups like Quiptracks, Cinester Theater or Hor-Riff-Ic and a chance to expand their audience.

Offline Moca Java

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »
Pondering whether to give this one a whirl or not, I couldn't even make it through his House of Wax riff, I was just bored. I can't say I was overly impressed with the sample for this one either...but i might give it a shot.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 07:18:28 PM »
Meh - It's nice this release came out and I just dowloaded it but I wish they'd expand their rotation beyond Matthew/Cole-Janet/Blame Society for the "Rifftrax Presents" label. Take them out of the equation along with the Bill/Kevin/Guest ones (I consider those more "official" Rifftrax anyway) and there's only 2 other groups that took a crack at these (one a contest winner and one a bone-toss to Coulton). I'm sure there are some great comedians or guest stars that would be awesome at this...or even give the spotlight to one of the productive iRiff groups like Quiptracks, Cinester Theater or Hor-Riff-Ic and a chance to expand their audience.
YES! Give a spotlight to somebody, like Quiptrack, Cinester or Hor-Riff-ic! I'm sure Rifftrax has listened to at least some of the iRiffs. At the very least, have another contest again!

I am definitely checking out the Armageddon riff this weekend. Figures I already rented a bunch of movies to watch.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 11:02:49 PM »

I'm sure Rifftrax has listened to at least some of the iRiffs. At the very least, have another contest again!

Actually, I sincerely doubt that any of the writing staff listens to any iRiffs. There's just too many legal risks to. All it takes is one idiot claiming that the Rifftrax staff "clearly" stole a joke from their riff and then launching a lawsuit to kill the entire iRiff system. They probably listened to the contest entries, since those are in a different legal category, but I doubt that they've done anything beyond that.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 06:43:21 PM »
Watched this over the weekend - great stuff.

I hope Matthew J. Elliot has some help on writing cause I can't imagine sitting through this one alone over and over again to write the riffs.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 12:43:52 PM »
Did they really never release an anamorphic widescreen 16x9 DVD version? All there is, is letterbox and a Blu Ray? Reeeeeeally?