login

Author Topic: MFT3K back soon?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline blumanchu

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Glows with lights out
MFT3K back soon?
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:38:56 PM »
I've about given up on these guys but after a loooong slumber it looks like the gang at Mystery Fandom Theater 3000 are gearing back up! Here is a post on their site MFT3K.com dated May 14, 2010:

Incremental progress continues apace!

The scripts for episodes 4 and 5 are done, both the theater segments and the host segments. Work has begun on the building of props, and we've found a fantastic place to shoot when the time comes. And come that time shall, believe you me!

And here's a heapin' helping of even better news for your eager eyes! Now you can view our first three episodes courtesy of archive.org.

These guys did a nice job replicating the characters, props and skits of MST3K and nice to see they are coming back  :highfive:

Offline bettertomorrowamy

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 12
  • Get this lazy Manc twat an Emmy!
Re: MFT3K back soon?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
snore
On timeout

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 08:14:58 PM »
snore

*hits with clown hammer*

are theses the people who did  the giant claw if so then pleas have at it  we need more fan stuff like this.
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Offline dronarron

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 03:05:01 PM »
I created an account just for this post, ha. I'm one of the people involved with this project now and as it happens, we're going to be doing some recording for episode 5 this Saturday (the 27th). (We're kind of doing them side by side - they've both been written but not filmed.) Progress has been sllloowww partly because getting people's schedules to align is always a problem, and earlier this year we "outsourced" a CG sequence for ep 5 to a friend in Canada who has a 6-month-old infant who takes up a lot of his time. Building props takes a long time because only one or two of us are handy people. For a long time we had casting gaps - the original Frank and Forrester / two puppeteers are not with the show anymore, and for these particular shows we also needed to have a Pearl, Bobo, and Brain Guy all at the same time as Frank and Dr F! So getting enough bodies was a stumbling block as well. (If my "screen test" goes okay I may wind up being Magic Voice. O.o )

So overall, don't hold your breath, but we're not dead yet.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 03:08:49 PM by dronarron »

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 58
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »
Boy, I'm very late to the party on this one. Just discovered it this week.

I HATE TOM SERVO 'S NEW VOICE!!!!

That said, once I got past the strange southern -ish dialects of everyone involved, I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes (haven't watched episode 3 yet, but will soon- like Starcrash, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it).

Skits and riffing are both strong. Found episode 1 to be a bit of a chore to make it through but that was more due to the movie being one of those that has absolutely no entertainment value on it's own. Loved episode 2.

Here's hoping they eventually release episodes
4 and 5. Facebook post from early this year claimed they were still working on them even though it's been a decade since episode 3.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
Episode 4 "Eliminators" is out now... a decade or so after episode 3. Watched it tonight. Strong riffing. Thought it was their best episode yet.

Their website doesn't appear to have been updated in years. I found episode 4 by searching their Facebook page.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 17
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »
I watched the "Eliminators" episode just a couple weeks ago (thanks, wihogfan, for posting the link).  Very funny stuff -- my favorite of the four so far.  Not just the riffing itself, but the whole feel of the show is spot on.
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."