login

Author Topic: Dead Space 2 box art revealed  (Read 688 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Dead Space 2 box art revealed
« on: June 06, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »

Pretty nice, actually (although, really, ESRB? 'Rating Pending?' Can't you just assume "M?")

Now I just need to play the first game...

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 212
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
Re: Dead Space 2 box art revealed
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 07:22:30 PM »
Pretty nice, actually (although, really, ESRB? 'Rating Pending?' Can't you just assume "M?")

Not necessarily...the game might be you having to fill up rooms with furniture.  You know...remove all the "Dead Space?"   :rimshot:

Nice lighting and all, but I think the cover would've been better suited to something a little more illustrative...giving more of a hint of what you're going to encounter, like showing Isaac being dragged down a dark hallway by the shadowy image of some new monster, or in the middle of a huge, empty space station bay with a bunch of eyes watching him from shadowy corners.  It looks like they're trying to out-Bioshock the Bioshock 2 cover art.

But then, maybe I'm just spoiled by the original God of War 3 cover art they showed in the back of the God of War Collection and what they ended up using.  How do you go from Kratos fighting a giant cyclops monster to a close-up of an eyeball, for Pete's sake?

You could say that it's a "We have to protect the children!" cover art issue, but I've seen DVD covers that are a lot worse.  Hell, old Sex in the City videotape boxes were more explicit (and I'm not joking about this).
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.