login

Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen  (Read 11146 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Hell's Kitchen
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
The show's playing that card way too often now
Oh definitely.  Even in Season 1, they rely on it so heavily.  I'm more surprised when they're called out and not sent back!   :D  That's what was so stand-out this time.  They're usually surprised and/or relieved but the looks on their faces here were of genuine shock (which tells me Russell was waaay stronger than, dang, I forgot his name already).

Rob?  Who I think was 0 for 4 in the taste test?

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 10:26:28 PM »
Oh definitely.  Even in Season 1, they rely on it so heavily.  I'm more surprised when they're called out and not sent back!   :D  That's what was so stand-out this time.  They're usually surprised and/or relieved but the looks on their faces here were of genuine shock (which tells me Russell was waaay stronger than, dang, I forgot his name already).

Yeah... almost everyone blew that taste test tho.  I forget who, but mistaking pork for chicken (was that it?) is downright unexcusable.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »

Yeah... almost everyone blew that taste test tho.  I forget who, but mistaking pork for chicken (was that it?) is downright unexcusable.

Worse. It was filet mignon they both mistook for chicken.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »

:gouge:

"Give me both your jackets!" -Chef Ramsay (or at least what he should've said right after that)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2010, 09:07:00 AM »

:gouge:

"Give me both your jackets!" -Chef Ramsay (or at least what he should've said right after that)

Something I agree with wholeheartedly as it was Rob and Sabrina who both thought that filet mignon was chicken....but then couldn't even identify cheddar cheese!!!!   Rob at least got somewhat close with American.  She thought it was provolone!!!   And then she IDs smoked mussels as ham?!?!

And she can't even fall back on the excuse of smoking messing with her taste buds...

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
BTW...saw something about the show moving back in the schedule tonight.

Does that mean there was only one episode or....?

(thanks in advance)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #96 on: November 19, 2010, 07:01:48 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2010, 09:39:48 PM »
Thought this would be appropriate.  ;) :D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tFvDFTiHQfU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tFvDFTiHQfU?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #98 on: November 19, 2010, 11:33:13 PM »
However, I'll never forgive them for that montage of her at the end of the episode...like all of that was something we WANTED to relive?

BTW....did you catch the line, 'Trev has successfully tossed Sabrina's salad!'   :D

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2010, 11:17:00 PM »
Hahaha!!  I TOTALLY did!  I was waiting for a wink or a chuckle or just something.  There might've been a timpani drum in the back but I certainly was giggling like a 2nd grader when I heard that.   :D

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2010, 06:42:30 AM »
Hahaha!!  I TOTALLY did!  I was waiting for a wink or a chuckle or just something.  There might've been a timpani drum in the back but I certainly was giggling like a 2nd grader when I heard that.   :D

Probably left out any drama sting or similar sound because it would have alerted the censor FCC.

(I keep forgetting - Fox doesn't really censor anything)

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »

Probably left out any drama sting or similar sound because it would have alerted the censor FCC.

Then you must be watching a different Chef Ramsay than me! ;)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »

Then you must be watching a different Chef Ramsay than me! ;)

Particular words, yes. Anything else....especially when it's getting ratings (Family Guy)....message is "go for it".

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2010, 05:53:06 PM »
BTW....did you catch the line, 'Trev has successfully tossed Sabrina's salad!'   :D

Yeah, we looked at each other, and I said, "Did the narrator at least look up when he came to that line in the script, and say, 'Really, writers? Really?!?'"
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Finally saw the whole episode....

Yeah, Gail was in her own world for part of the night....and she messed up on fish again (which may have been partly Jillian's fault because she told her that some of the salmon was partially done)...

But Jillian had to have Russell hold her hand all night at the fish station AND then brought up raw eggs to be served....

(She's saying at this point she doesn't know how to cook scallops? Again, even if you're not going to learn to cook this stuff before you start your time on the show - god only knows why you wouldn't - how about using the kitchen upstairs to practice?)

Plus all the nonsense with the meat from Trev....

I don't know that Gail should have been the one.

And am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's ass when there's someone who's famous for being famous in the dining room?   Unless they'd caught Paris Hilton trying to do lines off of the Royal Doulton while she waited for her meal, I'm not interested....   :P