Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen  (Read 11171 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Hell's Kitchen
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
And while Sabrina has a bad attitude, she hasn't done a bad job of cooking (although she did get saved by Melissa with the pork)

So....Sabrina got "booted" from her station when Melissa saved her....and now Melissa's gone because Rob (who took many times to make proper scallops himself) kept rejecting the scallops she made.

And Trev is "running" the red team even though he couldn't make sushi any better than Curtis who got sent home for that.

I understand now.

;)

And, btw, IF Sabrina is doing so well, really believes that she herself is the shit....and that Ramsay knows talent when he sees it....why does she keep turning into a raging shrew every time she's put up there?  You'd think she'd consider it just a guarantee that whoever she's up against is a goner.

anais.jude

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2010, 03:29:35 PM »
Sabrina didn't get booted from the station, she asked for Melissa's help and got it. And she goes spastic when put up for elemination because she is young and full of CRAZY  :D

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »
100th dinner service?  Coool.  I just wanna know... why couldn't Season 2's winner make it?  ??? Aw well.

anais.jude

« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2010, 03:43:39 AM »
Danny looked sooooo hot last night

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #79 on: October 15, 2010, 12:09:57 PM »
Haha.  I hardly recognized him.  He certainly cleans up well.  I wonder when he cut his hair.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »
"I got my hooker boots on!"   :o

And always with the flower just kind of stuck there in her hair...  She's like a 12 year old who thinks this is how to dress like an adult.

Meanwhile, Trev tries to make the team look good by holding Sabrina's hand all night at the meat station and makes her look competent in the process....

BTW, much as I'm rooting for Nona because it would be nice to see a "non-glamorous" gal win for once....I'm thinking Gail has this.

Haha.  I hardly recognized him.  He certainly cleans up well.  I wonder when he cut his hair.

Looked grown up and polished, didn't he?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
Fox just sent me their "Inside Scoop" e-mail and it has a link to 100 cooking tips from Hell's Kitchen contestants....

The ones from this year, everyone is giving a couple of hints about actual cooking.....

Sabrina's are like "Deep Thoughts" rejects....what a surprise.   :D

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:58 PM »
Has it been on the last two weeks?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2010, 12:41:32 PM »
Nope.....freakin' World Series.

New episodes won't be shown until November 10th....

But first they are going to show the last two episodes aired of this season on the 8th in case anyone can't remember what happened....and because Fox seems to have forgotten that VCRs, DVRs, Hulu, YouTube, the Video on Demand on most digital cable, the streaming video on their own website and all other the other (sub-rosa) ways to get the episodes exist....

::)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2010, 11:56:05 AM »
Waiting for the new episodes - which it appears I'll be watching exclusively online because the truncated version of DirecTV that comes with the rent has the video of the local Fox station but not the audio, for some reason (and there's no point telling the landlord...they'll just say that I don't know how to work a TV...and supposedly I'm the only one who ever complains about anything being broken).....

Anyway...been watching "Ramsay's Best Restarurants".  On the eighth episode of  fourteen and we've gotten to our first double episode in this series - after choosing the last finalist between two Spanish restaurants and we then go straight into the first semi-final.

The first half is as good or perhaps better than the usual...but then we get to the semi-final.

For some reason that still has me scratching my head, they decide that they need to get rid of two of the contending restaurants in the first ten minutes or so.  This is based only on a visit each from secret diners.  They take four out of the eight (why aren't all eight considered for elimination together?) and two are unceremoniously bounced.  Ramsay can't even come to them personally - he does it on the phone.  And I'm wondering....is this what they intended all along?  Did they get halfway through the series and go, "Shit, pitting all these places against each other is going to take forever."  If they couldn't handle eight restaurants why did we just go through this for eight weeks...perhaps to only see a place we were rooting for go down on the word of one person's meal?  Maybe there is something of a "promotional fee" of different levels involved here somewhere...   :-\

So we lose two restaurants immediately.  The other two are told to make up new restaurants that will operate for the one night with a set amount of money to spend.  Can you say "Top Chef Restaurant Wars"?   Only in the case of "Top Chef", the members of the teams have only met a few weeks before and are also competing with each other on the show over all. These people work with each other every day.  And STILL one of the places makes a "dog's dinner" out of some of it!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
VIEWER ALERT!

New episodes tonight!!!!   The blind taste test.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2010, 09:29:19 AM »
So, Sabrina - that low rent piece of humanity who should be running the kitchen in a Cracker Barrel and not a fine dining establishment in a four star hotel - is part of the final six....

And in Ramsay's Best Restaurants....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still enjoy watching Ramsay...but I'm starting to wonder about some of these decisions.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
In Sabrina's defense (::shutters:: ), she's been pretty consistent and a stronger cook than others.  But yeah, as a personality, she needs to go away.  She is not an adult.  She is a child who has no concept of her emotions or how others see her (Sabrina the Teenage Witch?  You bet!).  The teeth-gritting part for me was when she said Trevor should be voted off because of his attitude.  Whaaaat!?!  I woulda spoke up right then and there and asked if his attitude was worse than anyone else's.  Then direct it at her.  Then called her out.  Then quit for not being able to be in the same room as her.

But enough about her.  I had to share this amazing screenshot of Russell being fake-sent home.  Even tho Trevor put him up, he was just as surprised as Vinny (and everyone else):

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2010, 09:55:09 PM »
In Sabrina's defense (::shutters:: ), she's been pretty consistent and a stronger cook than others.

She's screwed up on the line.  Worse, she's thrown others under the bus during services.  But she screws them in challenges most of the time too.

She a drone....not a Queen bee.

I had to share this amazing screenshot of Russell being fake-sent home.  Even tho Trevor put him up, he was just as surprised as Vinny (and everyone else):

The show's playing that card way too often now....but that's a funny shot.  Thanks.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2010, 10:03:55 PM »
The show's playing that card way too often now
Oh definitely.  Even in Season 1, they rely on it so heavily.  I'm more surprised when they're called out and not sent back!   :D  That's what was so stand-out this time.  They're usually surprised and/or relieved but the looks on their faces here were of genuine shock (which tells me Russell was waaay stronger than, dang, I forgot his name already).