login

Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen  (Read 11274 times)

anais.jude

Re: Hell's Kitchen
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2010, 06:03:21 AM »
Since we lost two this week, we will probably have a week where no one gets booted.

I think Maria is the worst. (the chcik that laughed first service) She was all gung ho about Autumn being the one on the chopping block, then Ramsey says he disagrees, then rasmey talks about leadership, and Maria immediatly crumbles and says "I can't beleive I almost gor rid fo Autumn". Way to stick to your guns.

Personally I think Autumn is bitch and if I voted for her and Ramsey sent her back in line, I would at least stand by my choice

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2010, 12:01:14 AM »
Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with Autumn for the "drama factor" for some time to come...

Same way they did with Lacey and Robert and several others who were allowed to stick around much longer than they really deserved - but someone decided they were "good television".

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2010, 01:48:30 AM »
So....has anyone heard what Fox is going to do about Obama's speech/Hell's Kitchen?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 01:01:23 AM »
Since we lost two this week, we will probably have a week where no one gets booted.

You called it.  Unfortunately, it was the week when we could have gotten rid of one of the two who make me want to punch my screen.  At least we don't have to hear "I got it" anymore.

And while I'm kind of rooting for Salvatore as an underdog....he's been in the US how many years did he say?  Sixteen or something like that?  And he can't write English at all?  So if he can't write it that would also mean he can't read it?  How does he read the tickets at the pizza place?  Or the cans and containers of ingredients?  Last time I was in a professional kitchen all the labels were stark white with black writing....no photos.

It's natural for anyone to think and speak in the first language you learned - but that's ridiculous.

(and I want to get into one of those "skydiving" tubes   :D)

PS - Don't know if anyone else watches Top Chef too but can I just say....there was actually a city of Miami, Florida before Castro took over Cuba...there was people there and nightlife and entertainment and food....

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2010, 09:11:42 PM »
Yea!  Scott "The Ego That Roared" is gone!!!   "I'm the world's greatest chef....just let me serve you raw Wellingtons and mix blood sausage and prunes to prove it."

BTW, when Ramsay and the sous chefs took over for the Red kitchen did anyone else notice the female chef stick her finger into some of the food to then taste it?  If a contestant had done that wouldn't Ramsay have gone ballistic?

anais.jude

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »
Yea!  Scott "The Ego That Roared" is gone!!!   "I'm the world's greatest chef....just let me serve you raw Wellingtons and mix blood sausage and prunes to prove it."

BTW, when Ramsay and the sous chefs took over for the Red kitchen did anyone else notice the female chef stick her finger into some of the food to then taste it?  If a contestant had done that wouldn't Ramsay have gone ballistic?

When did this happen? I thought Maria left of Tuesday....

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:09 PM »

I don't think so. Do you see how much they stick their fingers into foods they serve (Ramsay himself touches like every single dish to test it before it goes out). I think the issue is testing with a spoon and then sticking the spoon back in (or perhaps finger).  Bottom line: no double dipping!  Once is ok tho.  ;)

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »

There were two episodes again last week.

Sorry I spoiled it for you.   :(   I'm 99% sure you can watch it over at the Fox website.

Was going to say something about the Reward challenge too....but I won't now.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2010, 11:02:10 PM »
Do you see how much they stick their fingers into foods they serve (Ramsay himself touches like every single dish to test it before it goes out). I think the issue is testing with a spoon and then sticking the spoon back in (or perhaps finger).  Bottom line: no double dipping!  Once is ok tho.  ;)
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2010, 11:24:51 PM »
Do you see how much they stick their fingers into foods they serve (Ramsay himself touches like every single dish to test it before it goes out). I think the issue is testing with a spoon and then sticking the spoon back in (or perhaps finger).  Bottom line: no double dipping!  Once is ok tho.  ;)

Eh..."Mythbusters" disproved that and I believe them

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the case of the sous chef though...I'm not worried about her fingers after they were in her mouth.  It's what she had been touching before she put her finger in....

And I've always wondered about Ramsay doing it as well - although I think he usually puts his hands on it after he looks at it and something looks not quite right.

anais.jude

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 04:00:22 PM »

Sorry I spoiled it for you.   :(   I'm 99% sure you can watch it over at the Fox website.

It's on Hulu.....not that I watch my TV the legal way.....

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 09:14:15 PM »

It's on Hulu.....not that I watch my TV the legal way.....

Hey....we can't all afford DVRs....   ;)

anais.jude

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2010, 06:10:28 PM »
"I've got one ball here, slightly pink"

I love you, Chef Ramsey!

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 12:49:49 AM »
Damn it!  Is this going to be two episodes a night all season?  Probably won't get to see these until Friday now...

anais.jude

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »
Damn it!  Is this going to be two episodes a night all season?  Probably won't get to see these until Friday now...

I know, they are totally rushing through this season, but doesn't Ramsey have another competition show starting end of July?