login

Author Topic: Hell's Kitchen  (Read 11272 times)

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
Re: Hell's Kitchen
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2010, 12:41:25 AM »
On the first episode, I was hoping that he would split the teams up after that first service.  Everybody sent upstairs would now be the red team, and everybody that stayed downstairs would be the blue team.  It would be a neat twist.

I would like to see an end to this "men vs women" thing in the teams....

I don't think it hurts anything but I don't think it helps.  Especially when the chauvinist pig stuff  from the guys starts....

I'd love a chance to eat at one of Ramsay's restaurants....but I doubt I could ever afford it.

Did try to keep an eye out when they were advertising for restaurants in South Florida for Kitchen Nightmares to see if they then advertised for people to come eat during filming....but I guess I'd moved away by then.  Then again, looking at the restaurants they did get (Le Bistro, Ana Vincenzo's and Fleming) I'm not sure I missed anything,

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2010, 01:29:08 AM »
If you like Ramsay, try to catch The F Word. It's possibly my favorite of his shows.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »
"F Word" is good....until they get to the part where they kill animals on camera (which seems to happen every episode).  And then I'm out.

(not a bleeding heart vegetarian - just don't like it and it reminds me that for everyone of these animals who are at least being treated humanly there are dozens out there that aren't)

MontyServo

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »
"F Word" is good....until they get to the part where they kill animals on camera (which seems to happen every episode).  And then I'm out.

(not a bleeding heart vegetarian - just don't like it and it reminds me that for everyone of these animals who are at least being treated humanly there are dozens out there that aren't)

Or when he raises an animal all season long at his house with his kids, only to slaughter it and eat it.  I suppose he is trying to make a point about where our food comes from, but it still is a bit off-putting that he lets his kids name the animals that they know they will eventually eat.

Speaking of Ramsey, if I ever decide to take on a cookbook Julie and Julia style, it will be one of his.  I've been wanting to do something like that for a long time (not blog about it like the movie, just for my own personal experience).  Anybody here ever do something like that, cook every recipe in a cookbook?

On a side note, does anybody here have any of the 4 cookbooks featured on Top Chef Masters last week?  A couple of the chefs on there have been making some interesting items, and I was wondering if their cookbooks were worth seeking out.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2010, 01:35:47 PM »

Or when he raises an animal all season long at his house with his kids, only to slaughter it and eat it.  I suppose he is trying to make a point about where our food comes from, but it still is a bit off-putting that he lets his kids name the animals that they know they will eventually eat.

Only thing is, that is kind of common on farms as well.  My Mom lived on a farm as a kid - they had "pet" chickens and the like.

On a side note, does anybody here have any of the 4 cookbooks featured on Top Chef Masters last week?  A couple of the chefs on there have been making some interesting items, and I was wondering if their cookbooks were worth seeking out.

I am SO far behind on Top Chef Masters I don't even know which chefs are on this season....

Doctor Who?

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2010, 05:25:20 PM »
"That is just going to make me go slower because you are pissing me off".  Wow,talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face :D

I think I know who is not making it to the end of the season.

What was up with the guy who didn't even know one desert?!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »
Wow,if you mess up water you are in trouble.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
So many things going wrong I feel like I am watching an episode of Chef!.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2010, 09:05:52 PM »
Oh...you're commenting as you watch....

I'm still at work. I won't get to see this until some time tomorrow.

anais.jude

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2010, 08:47:24 AM »
Salvatore's schedule to become Tommy Wiseau is coming along nicely. Apparanlty some chick cheated on him, which he just had to mention to Chef Ramsey.

Let me guess, she was just so beautiful, but she betrayed Salvatiore with his friend Mark

Doctor Who?

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »
Salvatore's schedule to become Tommy Wiseau is coming along nicely. Apparanlty some chick cheated on him, which he just had to mention to Chef Ramsey.

Let me guess, she was just so beautiful, but she betrayed Salvatiore with his friend Mark

:D

What an awful service.

No one won :scared:

Boy they really screwed up.

I don't get why you would come on this show and then leave after Chef Ramsey. yells at you,was he not expecting it?

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 09:19:29 AM »

So if by some miracle Sal makes it to the final two or three and they bring in the family members, he'll be visited by some drug-selling, socially retarded kid that he's putting through school?   ;)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2010, 09:25:10 AM »

Everyone betray him.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 09:39:39 AM »

Everyone betray him.

When he makes a dish that includes "scotchka" as an ingredient, I'll believe it.

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 12:51:55 AM »
Ahh...got the answer to my question. The crab goes into the mashed potatoes (at least according to what Mikah - ? - said about the garnishes she was making).

Can't imagine what main you'd serve that with but....

Of course you can't trust Fox editing but it's starting to look like half the competitors this year are going out the front door.   ???