Author Topic: Watch 'Watch Out For my Plant', now available!  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
Watch 'Watch Out For my Plant', now available!
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:20:57 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/watch-out-my-plant

Consider: a young boy, growing up in an urban setting with seemingly absentee parents, purchases a special plant from a quirky man who has assumed the moniker "Papa Nikolai".  The boy goes on to guard his new greenery from others with a fervor that borders on the paranoid, lashing out at those who question his behavior.  It may sound like a new PSA regarding a certain California legalization initiative, but in fact it's just our newest short, Watch Out For My Plant!

If there's one thing little boys love, it's... baseball, or comic books, or hurting animals, or really ANYTHING but plants.  But this kid is different.  He's willing to spend hours hovering over a sprout that probably requires nothing more than a weekly watering and some sunlight, and we get to go along for the ride!  We don't want to give away more than that, because frankly there's nothing more to give away.

Mike, Kevin and Bill will do their very best to Watch Out For My Pl-- oh they crushed it.  Really stomped all over it.  Kevin, there's no need to set it on fire... well, great.  Just great.

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/watch-out-my-plant
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
Re: Watch 'Watch Out For my Plant', now available!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 05:23:03 PM »
a non cornet short??  This one was fairly good, but not as good as the one's we've been having. But it is more the short than anything. Some good stuff..

Lllllladybugs..

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:55:59 PM »
Sigh. This is turning into one of "those" files.

Every once in a while, I buy a file from RT which will download a little, then stop completely, saying it's a complete download even though it's only, say, 3 MB long. I hit reload and start again and it gets a little further and then "completes" again.  As a result, it's now 24 hours since I started the download, and I'm on my 24th attempt at it and the furthest it's gotten is roughly 60 mb as every once in a while it starts again from the beginning. And it's downloading at roughly dial-up speeds as well. Sigh.

Offline jas722

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 04:40:07 PM »
I'm running into the same problem, although I only tried to download the file once. I was watching it and was stopping in the middle, seems the first attempt was incomplete. Going to download it again and hope it goes smooth.

This is quite odd thou, I have bought every single Rifftrax Short and this is the first time anything like this has happened.

update: 2nd attempt was fine for me, dl speed a bit slow but it downloaded fine.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 04:53:03 PM by jas722 »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2951
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 04:54:05 PM »
DAP worked perfectly for my download 8)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
I had no problem downloading last night.

Some good jokes in the short.  The short itself is kind of pointless, I guess it was to show inner city kids how to grow a flower, and also tell them that they should expect it to get stomped on so you have to grow another?

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
I had no problem downloading last night.

Some good jokes in the short.  The short itself is kind of pointless, I guess it was to show inner city kids how to grow a flower, and also tell them that they should expect it to get stomped on so you have to grow another?

yup.. That is why i didn't think the short worked too well. It is just  a pointless short film. Nothing to it.. Not trying to get kids to be more responsible, read, learn about their community, etc. It is just a kid plants a flower and it grows.. Nothing is really said about the plant or anything. The ones that try to teach stuff are always better than this sort of thing..

Some good jokes yes, but overall not the high caliber we got from the 5 Coronet ones..

Offline vampirehunter42

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
  • Arvel Crynyd A-wing pilot
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 03:51:14 PM »
This short really needed a Darth Vader style "Nnnnoooooooooo!!!" from the kid. The next plant the kid planted ought to have been one of those snake plants from Batman and Robin, that will keep those kids off of it.
Some of my favorite 'Things to Remember When I Become Evil Overlord'
56. My Legions of Terror will be trained in basic marksmanship. Any who cannot learn to hit a man-sized target at 10 meters will be used for target practice.

Offline Invisible NanoGhost

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
  • Just here for a few laughs. I'll take yours.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
... or have the short end by having it turn out that the cute flower-growing kid grows up to be one of the super-gangsters from the Black-spotation (sp?) films of the 1960's and early 1970's.

"Crush my flower, and YOU'LL PAY!!  :angry:"

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 188
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 03:56:13 AM »
I guess it's supposed to be about perseverance?  ??? patience, maybe?  ???

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 188
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 04:11:43 PM »
Ah-ha! I found the official description:

"A young inner-city boy struggles to grow a flower in the narrow patch of dirt between his house & the sidewalk, suggesting that everyone can do something about his environment & showing that initiative, responsibility & perseverance are necessary to be successful. "

Offline MST3Kgirl

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
his big cheesy smile cracked me up  ;D

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 01:51:40 AM »
Yeah this was kind of a weird bland sort of short.