login

Author Topic: No more riff files?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
No more riff files?
« on: May 27, 2010, 11:57:28 AM »
Hello, I've been away from here for a rather long time but I recently felt the itch and rented Paranormal Activity with the intent of watching it with rifftrax. I remember the hours I once spent desperately trying to get my movies synched up but ever since the rifftrax player came out, I have become something of a spoiled brat in that regard. Much to my dismay, now that it is unsupported, my download did not include the precious .riff file and thus the player is useless to me.

Is there any way to force the player to read the mp3? I haven't had to manually synch in what seems like a decade, having never experienced any issues with the player.
Member, ICWXP Info Club

Offline Conor

• Yardstick
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 89
    • conorlastowka.com
Re: No more riff files?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:06:37 PM »
The player was rendered useless by encoding on newer DVDs.  It was impossible to create .riff files for them. 

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »
Paranormal Activity in particular was a title that absolutely refused to cooperate with the .riff making process...I lost a bit of my soul trying to crowbar that POS into the player.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline CM916

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »
Wow, you guys are right about this movie. My computer barely even recognises that this is in fact a DVD. Apparently it will only run in media player which I normally use for the riffing. Guess I'll have to fire up itunes.
Member, ICWXP Info Club