login

Author Topic: Looney Tunes Returns  (Read 9354 times)

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
Looney Tunes Returns
« on: May 20, 2010, 06:47:05 PM »
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66249

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore on July 30th; the second with Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, on September 24th; and the third with Yogi Bear

Doctor Who?

Re: Looney Tunes Returns
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »
Sounds like it could be good,but after Space Jam and Back in Action I am going to wait to see it before getting excited.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »
Sweet!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
I would love a return to classic Looney Tunes mayhem. But I'm with you, Doctor Who?, I'll wait and see how the reviews go before getting too much hope up.

The Wile E. Coyote cartoons were my favorite, too. Get that straight, people. They were NOT Roadrunner cartoons, he was barely in them for Gods sake, and he didn't do anything! I loved that it was often the Laws of Physics that hated the Coyote the most. Willing to bend and break themselves just to hurt him.

I also really loved it the few times when he spoke. It was a different dynamic going up against Bugs, but the voice just made it all work.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 10:18:25 PM »
I'll be sure to check these out, but I'm not really going to let myself get my hopes up too high or psyche myself out of enjoying it either. I don't know if I like the idea of the series with Bugs and Daffy as roommates. Why bind yourself into that setup?  Classic Looney Tunes could start with any setup or plot at any time, you could do almost anything with it, now they'll have to spend time explaining how they get into the wacky scenarios before getting to the fun stuff.

Oh, and they better not mess with thief personalities to make them all friends and better role models or some crap like that.  Elmer Fudd isn't Bugs Bunny's wacky bald buddy, he's a stupid hunter who wants to shoot Bugs in the head but always fails. Don't take the conflict out of my Looney Tunes!

Okay, open mind in 3...2...1 go!
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3179
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 11:40:18 PM »
Well I seem to have been wishing on a monkey's paw. I get Looney Tunes back, buuut... In CGI. And there's the whole roomates thing.

Well at least they're not babies...

Or Xtreme super heroes...

Offline TTYT

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 01:39:31 AM »
Actually, after the redesigns, Loonatics Unleashed really wasn't that bad. It just was never that great, either.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:58:48 PM by TTYT »

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 09:31:23 AM »
I may check it out for the Coyote cartoons. He is my fav Looney Toon

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 988
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »
There's still not a chance in hell that I'm going to see Cats & Dogs 2, even with WB shorts in front of them.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3179
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 10:54:01 AM »
Well if they aren't awesome enough to put the shorts online, I might have to theater-hop to check it out.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 12:07:44 PM »
I may check it out for the Coyote cartoons. He is my fav Looney Toon

Mine too.  I have a Wile E. playing guitar tattoo (among other cartoon ones)

Offline mearnest

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 26
  • If life gives you poop. Make poop juice.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »
And there's the whole roomates thing.

That's what really threw me. WTF? Why is that remotely necessary?  Also, 3 minutes is pretty short even for a toon; the originals ran 7-8 mins.
I've never understood why WB feels the need to re-imagine Looney Tunes.  It's not like the original concept didn't work.
'No one does it to you like Roman Polanski' - The Tenant

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2383
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »

That's what really threw me. WTF? Why is that remotely necessary?  Also, 3 minutes is pretty short even for a toon; the originals ran 7-8 mins.
I've never understood why WB feels the need to re-imagine Looney Tunes.  It's not like the original concept didn't work.

It's all a desperate grab for attention within the company.  Someone in a meeting says "lets just make more Looney Tunes" it doesn't excite the men in charge.  They're detached from what real life is like thanks to insulation from building their giant mansions with paper mache thousand dollar bills, and don't see how awesome Looney Tunes ever were.  Someone else says "I was looking at Looney Tunes and I came up with something NEW" and you can distract the money men with the idea of "fresh" and "current" long enough get your idea made.  It might suck, but at least you still have something to do.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 04:17:09 PM »

It's all a desperate grab for attention within the company.  Someone in a meeting says "lets just make more Looney Tunes" it doesn't excite the men in charge.  They're detached from what real life is like thanks to insulation from building their giant mansions with paper mache thousand dollar bills, and don't see how awesome Looney Tunes ever were.  Someone else says "I was looking at Looney Tunes and I came up with something NEW" and you can distract the money men with the idea of "fresh" and "current" long enough get your idea made.  It might suck, but at least you still have something to do.
I want a money paper-mache mansion.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2010, 07:11:52 PM »

I want a money paper-mache mansion.

ME TOO!