Author Topic: Enjoy!  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
Enjoy!
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/beginning-responsibility-taking-care-your-own-things

Every now and then you meet a child who forever changes your perception of how stupid a child can be. There's your second cousin's boy, Leon, who spends summer afternoons black-widow-huntin' in the woodpile. Or little cross-eyed Margie, with her affinity for drinking liters of pond water. And of course Stephen, the kid who insists Notes from Underground is Dostoevsky's finest literary accomplishment when it's clearly one of his mid-level works. I mean, honestly, Stephen, grow up.

But all of these little morons are blown away by the force of Reggie, star of Beginning Responsibility: Taking Care of Your Own Things. Reggie sleepwalks through life. He's perpetually confused and overwhelmed by his bedroom full of toys, which are all in such sorry shape Goodwill employees would spit in your face if you attempted to donate them. Since his parents have given up on Reggie long ago, it's up to this deranged menagerie of busted junk to come to life and teach him threatening lessons. Yes, it's Toy Story on acid! But not the fun kind of acid, more like battery acid that spills out of an old remote control dog toy you haven't picked up in twelve years.

Mike, Kevin and Bill try to keep little Reggie from swallowing their keys while they watch Beginning Responsibility: Taking Care of Your Own Things!

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/beginning-responsibility-taking-care-your-own-things
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline PlayMSTie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 4
Re: Enjoy!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »
Great short! Sort of "Trumpy! You can do stupid things!" revisited.  :D
"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." C. S. Lewis

Bring back Bridget!

Offline byuni

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm Bob Rifftrax!
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:32:40 PM »
"And from their common sense of outrage, the Toy Party was born."

Liked it a lot, good one guys

Offline JimJ

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 103
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »
Wow, that went from normal stupid educational short to batshit insanity in record time. Funny as hell though. As a Ravens fan I loved the part when the football was running away from the kid and Mike(I think) said it was the offical football of the Cleveland Browns. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:10:24 PM by JimJ »

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 236
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:38:34 PM »
Great short! Sort of "Trumpy! You can do stupid things!" revisited.  :D

Like hell! More food!

Offline ozman69

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • One Spoon to Rule Them All
    • 8 Eyed Baby
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 10:52:02 AM »
Record's stuck... Record's stuck... Record's stuck... Record's stuck...

Offline jas722

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 11:43:29 AM »
Record's stuck... Record's stuck... Record's stuck... Record's stuck...

that was awesome. The whole short was so bizarre but a great way to go out. I was laughing even when the short was over  ;D

Offline Misty

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 11:55:52 AM »
"The endless renfest soundtrack really adds to Reggie's decent into madness."  :D

Offline starfighter

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 11:54:21 PM »
Set designer put up some inappropriate posters in the room for a kid that age.  The horses, Hulk and whatever else those were above the kid's bed were fine,  but The Spirit promo poster (which I can't place. Must be from Kitchen Sink Press.)  the Neal Adams Savage Sword of Conan cover art and especially the line-up of Frazetta's Conan posters distracted me from the rest of the short.  Imagine the kid asking his mom to buy him the "Death Dealer" poster!
Otherwise, lots of funny lines, as usual.  I'm glad they're doing so many shorts, since I'm just not interested in most of the movies they're choosing these days.

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »
Set designer put up some inappropriate posters in the room for a kid that age.

Speaking of inappropriate for his age... was anyone else as horrified as me by the talking cushion with the big lips and the big, pink... err...  :scared:

Offline Amethyst

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 11:42:13 PM »
Give it a sexy female voice and you could make millions marketing it to seventh grade boys!

Offline swstephe

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 03:44:43 AM »
The pillow's lip sync was so far off, I was wondering if they had just dubbed over the really disgusting things it was really saying and couldn't get it back out of it's trailer for a re-shoot.  It was kind of like the part in "Naked Lunch" where the one guy can communicate verbally and mentally two different conversations with the Robocop ... no wait, I have to remind myself not to take these things so seriously.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 11:34:55 AM »
This just cements my belief that the shorts aimed at grade school kids are the absolute best riff material. This was hilarious. Such a bizarre short.

I was laughing my ass off from start to finish. The records stuck was brilliant.

MightyJack

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2010, 02:28:50 AM »
Great Googly Moogly that was weird. This was a blast and I derived as much laughter from the short itself as I did with the riffing..