login

Author Topic: Well I never thought this day would come. Law and Order caceled  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: Well I never thought this day would come. Law and Order caceled
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 12:37:33 PM »
I like all the Law and Order shows.   I used to really like Criminal Intent when Vincent D'ofrino (sp) was in it.

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »
SVU is awesome. I don't cotton to your backsass.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »
I kind of find all the Law and Order shows hilarious, it's some of the cheesiest writing I've ever heard
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 04:05:14 PM »
I just got into Law & Order about a year or so ago, and I'm totally hooked. I watch all three versions.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 09:08:21 PM »
It's too late.

It is now rerun on so many times on so many stations that you can practically watch it 24 hours a day as it is.....   >:(

Offline WeatherServo9

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
  • I like my family - as a friend!
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »
I actually think the way they screwed around with the formula for the last few seasons - because of Waterston wanting to play less of a part in it, but still more than the previous DAs ever had - sort of signaled the beginning of the end.  The ways they kept shoehorning Waterston into those kinds of scenes that no previous DA had ever been in felt out of place in the internal logic of the show.  And they had to give the character of Connie more prominence because the actor playing her had been on the show longer, but it just doesn't make any sense to focus on the character of Connie more than her boss, the assistant DA, who until that point in the show's history had been the centerpiece of the entire last half hour. 

But I must say I really like the last two detectives a lot, and think they stand on their own very well, even compared with the previous power duos of Jerry Orbach/Jesse Martin, Jerry Orbach/Benjamin Bratt and Jerry Orbach/Chris Noth.

Criminal Intent was a much more interesting show back when D'Onofrio was in full Columbo mode.  Unfortunately, though, poor Kathryn Erbe didn't have much to contribute those first couple of seasons.  It felt like her character wasn't an equal partner when it was mostly a show about how smart/awesome Goren is.  And it's too bad Courtney Vance didn't stick around, because you just can't beat his cool delivery.
Not everybody is Steve!