Author Topic: Poltergeist Thoughts?  (Read 3108 times)

Offline gammer

• Second Banana
  • Liked: 3
    • GoodTimers Hockey
Poltergeist Thoughts?
« on: April 29, 2010, 07:49:34 AM »
I think this is Janet and Cole's best rifftrax to date. It feels like they are getting in their groove now with riffing.
Up till this rifftrax I felt they sometimes got a bit silly or lacked a bit.
When I put this one on for my wife and I to watch, my wife said: "oh not these two...they suck". But after watching Poltergeist rifftrax she admitted this one was better and we both laughed more at it then any of Janet and Cole's other rifftrax.
I hope they keep up the good work...

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
Re: Poltergeist Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
It continued their run as two fantastic performers and riffers. I'm happy that they keep releasing riffs and I hope that they continue to do that on a regular basis. Great stuff once again. And yay for more Del Taco jokes ;)
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

MightyJack

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »
Well they certainly do not suck by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I find their silliness refreshing - I always look forward to their efforts. "Ghost" is still my favorite from the dynamic duo, but this is another hilarious win. They've yet to let me down.

Great work Cole and Janet, keep 'em coming. :highfive:

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2622
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 06:27:39 PM »
It's not my favourite of their releases (that honour still goes to Footloose for me) but it was excellent.

This is the first of their riffs, though, where I found the movie hard to actually get through. So many damn long whispered conversations. It was a lot slower than I would have thought.

Still, it was good riff fodder and I am excited to see whatever they riff next!

Keep 'em coming guys! Help fill the void in the current slow Rifftrax release schedule!
FINE

Offline Courtney

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 5
  • How Twilight could have been better.
    • Hobo Trashcan - Outside of the In-Crowd
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
Dirty Dancing and Ghost still rank at the top for me (it's the Swayze factor) but this is a very solid third place. All the jokes about the clown doll, every line about the goldfish, and, of course, "Rosie Perez."

Cole, I know you're out there, I can hear you breathing, so I would like to put in a very urgent riff request for St. Elmo's Fire, after you guys take on that certain 80s Western you've whispered of.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
I liked it. My favorite has been Footloose. My brother was watching Poltergeist the other day and he never heard them before. He thought they sounded a bit forced. I don't get that vibe. I really hope they stick with the 80's cheese that they have been doing though.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline NYFalcon1981

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:51:35 AM »
I adore Cole and Janet's riffings!  Dirty dancing still holds the number one spot in my heart but Poltergeist was mucho fun and I will buy any and every C&J riff!

Keep up the great work please  :clap:

MightyJack

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »
I just watched this again - very steady, funny work all the way through, but man when Zelda shows up it really kicks up a notch, I was doubled over.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat... wait that's not it" - and the bit about how the dead hate line dancing  :D

As for the movie, I know horror films require that their characters do stupid, illogical things... but I don't care if it was declaired is clean or not. My kids aint spending a second in that house, let alone sleep in the same bedroom, with a doorway to hell in the closet! Yeesh!.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 03:44:31 AM by George Harrison »