login

Author Topic: Mario Party 8 - Wii  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Oceaniclost

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
Mario Party 8 - Wii
« on: January 28, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
Who is excited for the newest Mario party game?
Especially for the Wii.

Release day is March 5th

Here is an explanation of the game, but I can't find out if it's ONLINE play, which would be fantastic

The world's most popular party video game is getting a lot crazier in Mario Party for the Wii! Whether you're shaking up cola cans or lassoing barrels, you and your friends will be drawn into the action like never before using the Wii Remote.

All new features/boards! Mario Party for Wii also includes dozens of new mini-games, six new party boards and many new game modes. In a series first, players can transform their characters into many forms, such as player-smashing boulders and coin-sucking vampires. Mario Party Wii includes "extra large" mini games like Star Carnival Bowling and Table Menace. One to four players can play Mario Party, each with a Wii Remote.

Features

* Play with Motion Control: Row your way through a river race, punch a statue to pieces, steer race cars, mopeds and go-karts, handle a balancing pole while walking a tightrope.
    * Play Using the Pointer: Shoot at Boos in a haunted house, drag and drop toppings in a cake-decorating competition, select the correct answers in game-show challenges.
    * Play Using the Wii Remote's Buttons: Jump and pummel your way through a football brawl, hop and run across a field of spinning platforms.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Mario Party 8 - Wii
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 06:33:05 PM »
man nintendo has such intelligent design people.

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 06:42:37 PM »
As a former Mario Party fan and future wii owner (give it a year or so yet) I've got a question that maybe you'all can answer for me... are you guys planing on buying 3 or more wii -motes plus the additional thumb attachment? this seems like it would be expensive and 4 player games are my forte' ... regardless this game claims to use just the wii-mote

Offline Oceaniclost

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 06:51:33 PM »
Well, it depends if you want to buy extra remotes or buy these Wii Sports type of games that come with free remotes. Nintendo has another compilation sport games coming out soon that comes with a free remote.

So it depends how you want to get your remotes.

If you have a big family or friends that come over all the time to play, its worth owning multi remotes.

It sounds like MArio Party 8 will be an excuse to get multi remotes.

I just hope to god that MArio Party 8 is ONLINE compat.
This is what the franchise is needing SO BADLY!!

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1801
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:44:10 PM »
As a former Mario Party fan and future wii owner (give it a year or so yet) I've got a question that maybe you'all can answer for me... are you guys planing on buying 3 or more wii -motes plus the additional thumb attachment? this seems like it would be expensive and 4 player games are my forte' ... regardless this game claims to use just the wii-mote

the system comes with one remote.

Wiiplay comes with a remote.  It's $50, so it's basically a $10 dollar game.  Which is about all it appears to be worth.

So that leaves you in need of 2 more remotes and 3 nunchucks. 

I have yet to see a game where it would be really beneficial to have all 4 nunchucks.  Maybe elebits, but the multiplayer wasn't that amazing.  I'm doing great with just 2 nunchucks. 

In conclusion, yeah, I'd get the two extra wiimotes.  It's 80 dollars, but it's worth it to include those extra friends who would otherwise be sitting on the couch.  The nunchucks, however, I'm not so sure on. 

Offline Oceaniclost

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 09:08:20 PM »
I'm really curious about Star Carnival Bowling.

Sounds like it might be pretty fun!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1527
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »
Ah yes... Mario Party.  We generally use it as a drinking game.  If you lose, you drink.  Eventually it turns into "we're all losers for playing this retarded game for 12 hours straight, so we all drink."

But yes, I'll be buying it.  I can't wait.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3989
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 05:52:34 PM »
If Warioware is any indication, the Wiimote is gonna add SO much cool to the minigames. Can't wait!

Offline spambot

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • I wish every day were a shearing festival!
    • Random Pirate Comics
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 11:24:31 PM »
I've played several of the old Mario Party games, and am confident that this will be the best one yet, at least on the "pick up and play" level. Nintendo is most likely going to stick with what the Wii has been doing well so far, making it easy for non-gamers to easily get into and have fun with.

Of course, there are other opinions on the matter. (Language warning on that link)

Offline dignan

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 3
  • If Val's happy, I'm happy!
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 08:06:16 AM »
I need to actually FIND a Wii first.  Stupid Nintendo and their stupid rollout schedule.  If the last Harry Potter book came out in a similar fashion of tiny, tiny shipments to stores, there'd be homicides.  Lots and lots of homicides. 

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 03:04:11 PM »
Lots and lots of homicides.

The real question is would they catch me though :)