login

Author Topic: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)  (Read 983 times)

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)
« on: April 25, 2010, 02:53:08 AM »
I set up this thread to see of there's anyone here on these forums who's a Monster Hunter 3 fan. This is the first time I've played a game of this caliber and I am getting hooked on it. It was released last week for the Wii and I purchased it on Friday. I'm still at level 1 but I'm discovering the secret to your success in this game is upgrading your weapons a lot. I'm in the process of earning up enough cash and resources to do this for my Hunter's Knife. I like the speed and versatility of the weapon against the faster prey. So far I've purchased the Bone Sword and I have an Iron Sword as well, but 've found that while they are strong weapons, they only work on slow moving prey. My nephew found out that the bowgun is effective for long range targets, but lousy for close combat. I also purchased an armor that I can't equip yet. Anyone here have any weapons or armor suggestions?
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2654
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Monster Hunter 3 (Tri)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:43:24 AM »
It's out here next week and I will most likely be picking it up. I've never played any of the series prior to this one.
FINE

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »
Neither have I. What really flummoxes me is that the more powerful weapons I own are harder to wield than my tiny, little Hunter's dagger, which I've been slowly upgrading. It takes awhile to gather all the components needed to make it a truly kickass slicing weapon. I've been killing a lot of Raptor-like creatures called Jaggi (Males) and Jaggia (The bigger, nastier, harder to kill females.)

*edit* I've been discovering that I hate killing Epioth for their Monster guts. They are just such beautiful, mostly peaceful creatures, almost like Nessie type whales.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 07:26:29 AM by Cosmic Muse »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »
It comes out here today!
FINE

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 05:14:55 AM »
It comes out here today!

Yay!! Let me know. Maybe we can meet up online and do a few quests though I'm only a Level 2 for the moment. >_<

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 06:30:21 AM »
I got it. I'm not even on level 2 yet. :P

Unfortunately I don't game in long sessions very often, but since my wife has gone back to uni, I will have a lot of free time some weekends...

Not at the point I'm ready to play online, but what info do we need to swap to do it? Just the Wii friends code?
FINE

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:48 AM »
I got it. I'm not even on level 2 yet. :P

Unfortunately I don't game in long sessions very often, but since my wife has gone back to uni, I will have a lot of free time some weekends...

Not at the point I'm ready to play online, but what info do we need to swap to do it? Just the Wii friends code?

I'm not sure at the moment. I need to get a Wii Ethernet adapter to hook my broadband up to my Wii so I might not get it up and running until Saturday. I believe in Tri the place you want to head to is The City, not the Village to start online interactions in the game. I believe you can participate in several In Game missions online as well. I'm going to see if I can get the Bone armor to beef up my character with Bone Armor to go up against the Great Jaggi, a mission I've failed more times than I can count in the Demo. I've finished the Level 1 missions and completed the Ludroth mission in the Level 2 bracket. It'll be fun to repeat missions with other people, if that is indeed the case. You can PM me once you get settled with the game.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:23:38 AM »
I just can't believe no one else here on these boards plays Monster Hunter Tri. It's the closest thing to a PS3/XBOX 360 game for the Wii. This game is seriously intricate, yet fun as well. It's not one of those kill everything in sight type games either. You ahve to utilize a lot of strategy as well. You can't just jump into a Monster battle an expect to win by just that philosophy alone. It takes a huge degree of brain power to come up with an effective strategy as well.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 01:05:53 PM »
I've been playing Monster Hunter Tri online all this weekend and I've been able to construct a Switch Axe of pretty good power rating of 702. Despite her difficulty rating, I have the most fun hunting the Rathian. I do so covet her body parts to construct Rathian armor.