Author Topic: Favorite Lines  (Read 36431 times)

Offline cfkane

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 1
Re: Favorite Lines
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
"Ranger Rick? She reminds him of a kid's magazine that was already obscure in the 1990's?"

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 628
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
They can both run and jump, what is also great about them is that they actually looked real and they actually had physical weight. I vote them second only to the District 9 ones.

And here is the thing (since I love making fun of the Matrix movies even though I love them), is I don't get the whole protection thing in Avatar. Really? In the final battle, ARROWS WERE BLOWING RIGHT THROUGH THEM! Jake managed to ram a pole through it! If they cannot stand bows and arrows then how the hell could they survive bullets and crap? If the protection is that flimsy then why bother with it?

And on that note...why is it that the glass on the mechs cant repel arrows but the window of the GUNSHIP can? Your telling me that out of your entire PMC fleet you only have ONE WINDOW that is ARROW proof, never mind possibly BULLET or since this is the future LASER proof?

-SCIENCE JWHITE!

But-

SCIENCE!
The way I saw it, I attributed it to parallels of how the US armors their platoons in Iraq.  Or should I say doesn't armor.  Some vehicles/body armor is so scarce, you wouldn't be surprised if a bow & arrow could penetrate a humvee (some troops resorted to makeshift scrap metal as armor; this all due to budgetary cut-backs).  But the general?  Oh, he gets the special kinda glass.  The impenetrable kind.  I saw this as actually true-to-life, even supported by Jake's line "...not in this economy."

See?  That isn't a plot hole you noticed.  It's just that hippie theme of white guilt piling on!

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 09:44:27 AM »
dizzy lizard making no sense

Transformers reference

Crossroads reference

"Oh hai science"

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »
I just remembered the Sunny D reference!  Loved that one.   ;D

Ben

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 04:32:07 PM »
I've got to confess something: Most of the riffs I've listened to thus far haven't really given me any true belly-laughs; you know, where you're laughing so hard you can't even breathe. I've had a chuckle here, a smirk there, but nothing that killed me outright.

...until Mike's line, "My review of Avatar!", as Jake Sully is making an update to his computer journal. Mike's reedy, snotty, pubescent delivery was divine.

spaceforarent

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 05:22:49 PM »
I've got to confess something: Most of the riffs I've listened to thus far haven't really given me any true belly-laughs; you know, where you're laughing so hard you can't even breathe. I've had a chuckle here, a smirk there, but nothing that killed me outright.

...until Mike's line, "My review of Avatar!", as Jake Sully is making an update to his computer journal. Mike's reedy, snotty, pubescent delivery was divine.
You do know he was referencing something right?

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »
Laughed at quite a few, but this one got a loud guffaw:

"Figured it's just another hellhole."
"HELLHOLE!  Girl get me outta this HELLHOLE!!"

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 05:24:06 PM »

Yeah, he was referencing Lemon Party.  Google it.   ;D

spaceforarent

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »

Yeah, he was referencing Lemon Party.  Google it.   ;D
Been there, done that

Ben

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 05:39:37 PM »

Do you mean an average youtube contributer?

spaceforarent

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »

No, a very specific youtube contributor, whom was mentioned a few seconds earlier. http://www.youtube.com/user/Pruane2Forever#p/u/21/lY9kDuxd128

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is RaphaĆ«l Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »
Mike (as Jake): "That's right people I'm Turuk Makto, The Beastmaster, Quisatz Haderach... whatever the hell, I'm the guy."

Here's to hoping this is foreshadowing a Riff on Dune in the near future.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 07:50:37 PM »

No, a very specific youtube contributor, whom was mentioned a few seconds earlier. http://www.youtube.com/user/Pruane2Forever#p/u/21/lY9kDuxd128
I would say his biggest notoriety came from this video:  http://www.spike.com/video/sexman-brings-beef/3202262
(I guess YouTube took it down?)

And I def remember that this is not the first time he's been referenced either (can't remember for the life of me which other riff it was).

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 08:19:22 PM »
Mike (as Jake): "That's right people I'm Turuk Makto, The Beastmaster, Quisatz Haderach... whatever the hell, I'm the guy."

Forget that. Hopefully it's foreshadowing a Beastmaster riff.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 08:22:12 PM »

If they ever do riff Dune, I hope they reference RVR II.