login

Author Topic: What Blue things did you learn??  (Read 18440 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 5324
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
What Blue things did you learn??
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:58:13 AM »
I learned that too much blue is bad for your eye sight :speechless:

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
Re: What Blue things did you learn??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:12:01 PM »
I learned where we get the ink they put on your hand so you can get back into a club.

Offline Winboloer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 2
  • I didn't betray the lawl! I AM the LAWL!
    • WinBolo.net
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:46:44 PM »
I learned that the laws of physics do not apply to huge floating mountains.

I learned that infectious diseases do not affect either the human or navi populations.

I learned that a stone age lifestyle is a preferential one.

I learned the navi do not need dental or medical care at any point in their lives.

I learned that the navi don't need to be worried about volcanoes, climactic changes, asteroids, or other calamities that are capable of destroying the majority of life on Pandora, let alone their spirit trees.

I learned that the best way to commit interplanetary genocide is to still use circa Vietnam War technology, with foot soldiers and helicopters, instead of biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons... or even long range rockets... or orbital bombardment... or blankets laden with small pox.

I learned a few tribes of navi will have the power to stop the humans from doing the same thing on the other side of the planet.

I learned that if you expect to be attacked by swarms of pissed off aliens, the best way to save yourselves is to go into close combat with them and take heavy casualties rather than say... oh... evacuating.

Offline The Best Looking Man in the Middle Ages

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Do I look good or what?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »
I learned that in the military of the future, if you don't feel like following orders you can go and leave right in the middle of a combat operation. And not only will you not get court-martialled, no one will even ask you to give a good explanation for disobeying orders, leaving you free to organize a prison break.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 07:08:55 PM »
I learned that in 22nd century that we will have interplanetary spaceships, the ability to make hybrid lifeforms by combing DNA from two completely different planets, that we will be able to have human beings control these lifeforms via taning booths.  We will have giant space-planes, walking human-controled robot mechs, very handy and uncombersome reabreathers and we'll even be able to repair crippling spinalcord injuries.  But we'll still use projectile-based weaponry.

I learned that above mentioned robot mechs will be equiped with giant knives -just in case.

I learned that in above mentioned fantastical future that bomb-drops will include a handfull of men, a pallet and an open cargo-door.

I learned that alien races can evolve USB/firewire ports.

I learned that I'm attracted to giant blue Sigourney Weaver-like blue aliens.

Based on reviews and summaries of this movie I learned that many journalists and reviewers have no sense of size or scale. Because comparing the height of these "avatars" compared to humans in the scenes they're in togehter that unless they were really short humans, the avatars/aliens are a lot taller than 9 feet tall.

Offline The Best Looking Man in the Middle Ages

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Do I look good or what?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »
I learned that in Navi culture, you can destroy someone's house, but if your car is cool enough they can't say anything to you about it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:49:12 PM »
I learned that it takes 300 million dollars of CGI to get me to trick me into watching Dances With Wolves again.

Offline Indomitus

• Big Montana
  • Hang on, gotta answer my iPOG
    • vox.neoleo.net  (a work in progress)
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 08:38:26 PM »
I learned that the best way to commit interplanetary genocide is to still use circa Vietnam War technology, with foot soldiers and helicopters, instead of biological, chemical, or nuclear weapons... or even long range rockets... or orbital bombardment... or blankets laden with small pox.
And I learned that, once beaten in a single ground battle, the Human race will simply limp back to its planet to die, and not ever return with the afore-mentioned weapons of mass destruction to wipe the moon-planet clean from a safe vantage point in orbit (where even the giant red turkey can't fly).

I also learned that this planet- a moon in orbit around a larger planet- exhibits no fluctuation of climate or temperature that might be expected from its extreme variations in distance from the presumed solar body of that system.  And there are no changes in season, even after months have passed.  And it never rains.

I also learned this:

Ben

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 10:46:37 PM »
I learned that it takes 300 million dollars of CGI to get me to trick me into watching Dances With Wolves again.

Five hundred million, actually...  :rimshot:

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »
I also learned that this planet- a moon in orbit around a larger planet- exhibits no fluctuation of climate or temperature that might be expected from its extreme variations in distance from the presumed solar body of that system.  And there are no changes in season, even after months have passed.  And it never rains.

There are bigger problems with that system, even a quick study of Jupiter's moons would point out they put the moon way too close to the gas giant to be able to support life, but it sure looks pretty in the sky.

This movie takes DNA's giant marble nutrimat cup joke to the extreme.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 06:14:02 AM »
I learned that James Cameron is a pompous asshole.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 07:01:53 AM »
I learned that the stuff the everybody is after is called "Unobtainium."  Seriously.  I heard the term in Spoony's review and I thought it was an obscure movie term for a plot device like a MacGuffin. 
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 07:26:01 AM »
I learned that the stuff the everybody is after is called "Unobtainium."  Seriously.  I heard the term in Spoony's review and I thought it was an obscure movie term for a plot device like a MacGuffin. 
Well, it is, actually...

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »
I learned that in the military of the future, if you don't feel like following orders you can go and leave right in the middle of a combat operation. And not only will you not get court-martialled, no one will even ask you to give a good explanation for disobeying orders, leaving you free to organize a prison break.

That was the point in the movie where I just said "Fuck it.  They're not even TRYING to make a cohesive story."

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 08:58:13 AM »
Well, it is, actually...

I just always expect better fake scientific terminology in Sci-Fi films.   For example "dilithium."
And I'm worse than Hitler.