Author Topic: Now available!!!  (Read 14257 times)

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: Now available!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »
This one movie I suggest pirating online. They obviously don't need the money, as it's the biggest movie of all time. If you want to buy it, by all means, buy and feel satisfied. But if you want it just for the riff, which I do, pirate it.*

* Disclaimer: I am not employed by Rifftrax or rifftrax.com, and they do not condone piracy of intellectual property. The above statements are solely the responsibility of myself, kodiakthejuggler, and are meant as entertainment.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
the disembaudio ending credits made my night.

<Kiff sigh>  I always quickly turn that crap off before my ears bleed, but a lot of people like it so when it started I was like "well this will make the Dis singing fans happy at least."  LOL
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1010
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 12:46:16 PM »
The Mike/Na'vi hybrid at the top left corner of the homepage is giving me nightmares.

Does this help any?

Ben

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
The Mike/Na'vi hybrid at the top left corner of the homepage is giving me nightmares.

Does this help any?

I guess that's about 2% less grotesque.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 628
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 01:46:52 PM »

<Kiff sigh>  I always quickly turn that crap off before my ears bleed, but a lot of people like it so when it started I was like "well this will make the Dis singing fans happy at least."  LOL
::raises hand::  That's me!   ;D

This one movie I suggest pirating online. They obviously don't need the money, as it's the biggest movie of all time. If you want to buy it, by all means, buy and feel satisfied. But if you want it just for the riff, which I do, pirate it.
Doesn't this undermine the morality argument?  I mean, just because "they made enough" doesn't mean you should steal, right?  I hope you don't implement that into every aspect of your life.  You're not posting from some jail cell with free WiFi are you?  Cuz that'd be awesome. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:50:54 PM by stansimpson »

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »

::raises hand::  That's me!

I always get a big laugh from it, but have to turn the volume down since it can be like fingernails on a chalkboard, I usually don't listen all the way to the end but this one I did, wow that song gets really stupid at the end...  OK, it's not that great anywhere else but the ending is extra stupid.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 0
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 02:19:49 PM »

This one movie I suggest pirating online. They obviously don't need the money, as it's the biggest movie of all time. If you want to buy it, by all means, buy and feel satisfied. But if you want it just for the riff, which I do, pirate it.
Doesn't this undermine the morality argument?  I mean, just because "they made enough" doesn't mean you should steal, right?  I hope you don't implement that into every aspect of your life.  You're not posting from some jail cell with free WiFi are you?  Cuz that'd be awesome. 

No, I'm not an "end justifies the means" type person. Maybe I'll just "borrow" the movie for the riff, then "return" it. Does that cover the fact that I don't want to pay any money for this?

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 628
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 02:31:29 PM »

No, I'm not an "end justifies the means" type person. Maybe I'll just "borrow" the movie for the riff, then "return" it. Does that cover the fact that I don't want to pay any money for this?
Yes.  Yes it does.  I think if you reread your previous post, you can see where I'm coming from tho.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
As one of the 10 people who never watched it in theaters, should I watch it unriffed first?

And by "Watch it unriffed" I mean "Sit and subject myself to the overdone eviro-hippie-ass- Bulls*** with a razorblade on wrist ready to end it all at a moments notice while this turd defecates its message on my TV Screen"?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:03:29 PM by Rattrap007 »

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3477
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 06:22:28 PM »
I wouldn't bother, unless you generally prefer to watch the films unriffed first.
FINE

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »
As one of the 10 people who never watched it in theaters, should I watch it unriffed first?

And by "Watch it unriffed" I mean "Sit and subject myself to the overdone eviro-hippie-ass- Bulls*** with a razorblade on wrist ready to end it all at a moments notice while this turd defecates its message on my TV Screen"?

Watch it riffed with the subtitles on....then you can follow what they're making fun of.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 07:50:47 PM »

Watch it riffed with the subtitles on....then you can follow what they're making fun of.

Good idea, but not "really" needed for this, the spaces between the riffs give you enough info to follow the movie.  Actually, you could watch this with the sound off and still get pretty much all of the "plot", they visually explain about as much as they verbally explain, which is not much....

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 08:13:25 PM »

Good idea, but not "really" needed for this, the spaces between the riffs give you enough info to follow the movie.  Actually, you could watch this with the sound off and still get pretty much all of the "plot", they visually explain about as much as they verbally explain, which is not much....

Haven't seen this one yet.  But I know it helped majorly with both Twilight films since the first I hadn't seen before and the seconded I'd blocked out....  ;D

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1666
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »

::)
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »
LMFAO

And no, I wouldn't watch it unriffed first if I were you.  I watched it once in the theater just to take in the incredible special effects.  That was worth doing because they did an incredible job with the look of the film.  But that's diminished on the small screen and the general lack of an original story isn't enough to make up for that.
"Did she just say Chipping?"