Author Topic: Vinyl  (Read 14023 times)

Johnny Unusual

Re: Vinyl
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »
Not counting the end credits of the Raccoons.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1031
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2020, 07:58:46 AM »
It's a beautiful song.

Recently I got Arcadia's "So red the rose" and Power Station's self-titled debut album on vinyl. Both are really different in their musical directions, but both are kick-ass albums anyway. Arcadia has a more new romantic direction, and Power Station is straight up 1980's rock. I got them both super cheap on ebay.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1031
  • Thank you, sweet Rabbit!
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2020, 05:41:03 AM »
I got Queen's Innuendo, brand new, sealed on Amazon for only $15 on Amazon. That is a stellar price for such an amazing album. Innuendo is really a very underrated album. It contains such classics as Innuendo of course, which is an amazing title track which is so brilliantly composed that it stands toe to toe with other Queen classics like Bo Rhap.

Then there's "I'm going slightly mad", "Headlong", "I can't live with you", "Ride the Wild Wind", "All God's People", "Don't Try so hard", "The Hitman", "Bijou" and of course... "The Show must go on". All absolutely wonderful songs. The only song that still raises my eyebrows after all these decades is Delilah, a song dedicated to Freddie's cats. It is... pretty silly. On the other hand, it is also very charming and fun.

Innuendo is the last Queen album to be released when Freddie was still alive. It's an absolutely legendary album and is a must listen for any music lover. 

Offline stuporfly

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 4
    • Goodreads Author Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2020, 04:58:18 AM »
I've got a fairly substantial collection that's currently sitting in a storage facility in Oakland, California. My wife and I are moving our family back to the Bay Area this summer after living in Brooklyn, New York for over a decade. Most of our belongings - including records - were loaded into a storage cube at the end of May before making their journey across the country while we finished renting out our brownstone. I've got two duffel bags of my sentimental favorites and most valuable records that I'll bring in the car on the cross-country drive at the beginning of August, including perhaps my most prized possession, a vinyl copy of the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds signed by Brian Wilson.
"Music is the weapon of the future" - Fela Kuti