login

Author Topic: Now available!!!  (Read 9120 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2619
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Now available!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
Cole's investigating further. ;)

Said he'd let us know if he hears anything definitive.
FINE

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 66
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 05:56:11 PM »
RiffTrax sent us a timecoded copy, but I think all of the versions are exactly the same (my blu-ray copy matched up with what they sent me, which I think is the version on Netflix). Hope that helps!

I'm not sure if it does help...

The blu-rays came out after the 25th anniversary, so one would think they are the same print, right?  ???

That would make sense. But I believe the discrepancy happens at 11:45 when they are burying Tweety. I'm watching the riff old skool, so we will see.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »
Wait, so there is an actual problem - that's the first time you've offered that bit of info up - I thought you were asking before purchasing a DVD. :P
FINE

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 06:20:03 PM »
Wait, so there is an actual problem - that's the first time you've offered that bit of info up - I thought you were asking before purchasing a DVD. :P

Grug. I love you to death buddy. But I've been here for a while, put together over 100 riffs, so I'm not going to go tossing crazy around unless I think it warranted. Which is why I probably don't belong on the internet.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »

Grug. I love you to death buddy. But I've been here for a while, put together over 100 riffs, so I'm not going to go tossing crazy around unless I think it warranted. Which is why I probably don't belong on the internet.

I don't think there's anything crazy about making sure you're buying the right set before you buy it...
FINE

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »

I don't think there's anything crazy about making sure you're buying the right set before you buy it...

Okay.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »
I'll let everyone know which version we used in the morning. I got the disc from a netflix envelope, it said Poltergeist on it, didn't give it much more thought than that since there was only one cut of the film on the disc. Sorry.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 06:56:59 PM »
I'll let everyone know which version we used in the morning. I got the disc from a netflix envelope, it said Poltergeist on it, didn't give it much more thought than that since there was only one cut of the film on the disc. Sorry.

I used to own the movie a while ago. I think that both versions have Carol Anne(sp?) on the front of them touching the television screen. But now I think the discrepancy happens at 9:00 or around there. Mr Torso is much better at this than I am.

Offline iv3rdawG

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 104
  • Mr. K. Dilkington
    • Controlled Obsession
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 07:11:20 PM »
It seems like there's almost always multiple versions of DVDs out there now for every movie, so I'm not surprised this is coming up again. It was brought up in the other thread too. The only other DVD, besides the 25th anniversary version, that's out is OOP, so it's unlikely that that version came from Netflix, unless they didn't upgrade their DVD versions of it when it came out along with the Blu-ray. I'm using the 25th anniversary edition - non Blu-ray, although I imagine it is exactly the same as the Blu.
Controlled Obsession (My website - Movie, TV, Video Games)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 09:31:59 AM »
Ok, we've got the 25th anniversary edition in the office...the one we linked to on the product page.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 755
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 10:03:29 AM »
I used to own the movie a while ago. I think that both versions have Carol Anne(sp?) on the front of them touching the television screen. But now I think the discrepancy happens at 9:00 or around there. Mr Torso is much better at this than I am.

I haven't pinned it down exactly but by the fourth sync line (16:34) it is off and I have the 25th anniversary one.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Action Batch

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Hogwashologist
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »

I haven't pinned it down exactly but by the fourth sync line (16:34) it is off and I have the 25th anniversary one.

I have found the older DVD and am comparing them now.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 10:39:18 AM »

I have found the older DVD and am comparing them now.

I am supposed to have one in my store but I couldn't find it.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 09:36:21 PM »
Ok, we've got the 25th anniversary edition in the office...the one we linked to on the product page.

Have you guys had any other support questions about this? I know that the bread and butter is riff player and ipod customers but at least two of us re-authorers have seen sync discrepancies when using the Warner Bros. 25th anniversary edition vs. the older MGM disc.

Is it possible that Netflix is using the new box art on the web but sending the old discs? This is what the WB 25th Anniversary edition version looks like:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:54:49 PM by MrTorso »

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
Okay, just to be clear, which one is actually working well?  The old one or the newer one?!  I have a disc coming from Netflix... is that the right one??

I'm confused.
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.