Author Topic: The new Meat Loaf album is Awesome  (Read 2683 times)

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
The new Meat Loaf album is Awesome
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »
Is there anyone out there who likes Meat Loaf (the musican of course)?  I just bought his new CD a couple of weeks ago and I personally think its fantastic.  I've always enjoyed his music, but this new album is the best one he has had in many, many years.

It's called Bat Out of Hell III: The Monster is Loose and I highly recommended it to anyone who likes his music.  He still uses those hilarious fantasy paintings for the covers for his albums, which I will always think are hilariously awesome.

Offline kodiakthejuggler

• Dragon Ryder
  • >Insert Obscure Reference<
    • It's All Geek To Me
Re: The new Meat Loaf album is Awesome
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:32:34 PM »
My boss also expressed how much he likes the new one.

And being a 47 year old, long haired, former drummer for a rock group, that's saying something!

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 05:42:01 PM »
My boss also expressed how much he likes the new one.

And being a 47 year old, long haired, former drummer for a rock group, that's saying something!

I've never entirely understood who Meat Loaf's demographic exactly is.  I don't know anyone my age (mid-twenties) who actually listens to his music.  There just something really strong about his music to me, even though I could certainly seeing some people thinking his music is overly dramatic and borderline silly.  I think that is part of his why I like his music so much.

Offline Skiptastic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Riffer Madness
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:09:59 PM »
I'm surprised BooH III is good, seeing as how Steinman didn't write every song. I'm going to hold off...

But man Bat Out of Hell was a great album...

Offline mrbakasan

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 07:21:30 PM »
I'm surprised BooH III is good, seeing as how Steinman didn't write every song. I'm going to hold off...

But man Bat Out of Hell was a great album...

Interestingly enough, my favorite songs on the album weren't written by Jim Steinman (except for one, which you may have heard on the radio), I think he only wrote like 4 or 5 of the 14 songs on the album.  The reason I actually quite like this one is that it feels similar to Bat Out of Hell to me, at least more so than any of his other albums.

Offline Tarantulas

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • #97 Rifftrax Fan in the World!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:51:39 PM »
Meatloaf is on the new D album as well :)

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 12:41:54 AM »
I've never entirely understood who Meat Loaf's demographic exactly is.  I don't know anyone my age (mid-twenties) who actually listens to his music.

...which is kinda strange as when Bat II was released _everyone_ my age (mid-twenties) went out and bought it, myself included. Haven't got the new album yet (I tend to be slow on the uptake as far as albums go) but I'm a huge fan and _loved_ the last album.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 02:58:18 AM »
Meatloaf is on the new D album as well :)

That's because Mr. Loaf plays Jables' father in The Pick Of Destiny.

Meatloaf really needs to come up with some original album names. Bat Out Of Hell 3? At least GNR stopped at Use Your Illusion 2.

Offline PsypherPunk

• Big Montana
    • PsypherPunk
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 05:54:50 AM »
Meatloaf really needs to come up with some original album names. Bat Out Of Hell 3? At least GNR stopped at Use Your Illusion 2.

He actually admitted that it's mostly a marketing ploy. After his last album got bugger-all publicity the name 'Bat Out of Hell' mostly sells itself  :)

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 08:33:55 PM »
Want to vote on the Top 50 Rock Albums?  Then vote for voting for it here and take part in "List of Crap":

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,17794.0.html: