login

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilertastic Thread  (Read 74828 times)

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3596
  • All joking a salad.
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilertastic Thread
« Reply #585 on: April 20, 2016, 09:03:58 AM »

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #586 on: April 21, 2016, 06:13:41 AM »
Yeah, I think I'd be a little more sympathetic to what young Ben did next if this is how it went down.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4444
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #587 on: April 29, 2016, 04:23:17 PM »

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4444
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #588 on: April 29, 2016, 04:45:33 PM »
And I can Confirm that the NTSC Blu-Ray mp3 syncs with the ripped Standard DVD for reauthors (and since I haven't mastered the art of Blu-Ray reauthors yet :-[ ) 8)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
« Reply #589 on: May 01, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »
Watched the Rifftrax.  Great stuff. 

Just wanted to point out something about the whole "Fin is just a Janitor?" story element that people were hung up on.  This is approximately what was said: "What did you do when you were based here?"  "I was a janitor".  I don't think the writers intended to imply that he was always a janitor, just when he was based there.  But it's easy to see how the audience (including myself) took it as "I am a janitor". 

The real reason he's a janitor is so that the call back to the trash compactor scene that comes up a few minutes later connects a little better, with Fin having a reason to know where a garbage shoot is. 

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6259
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #590 on: May 01, 2016, 09:57:02 PM »

The real reason he's a janitor is so that the call back to the trash compactor scene that comes up a few minutes later connects a little better, with Fin having a reason to know where a garbage shoot is.
I think it's also to show him as more of a regular blue collar "common man" for people to identify and sympathize with.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #591 on: May 01, 2016, 11:05:59 PM »

I think it's also to show him as more of a regular blue collar "common man" for people to identify and sympathize with.

It also show's why he's not a good soldier
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2400
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #592 on: May 02, 2016, 04:39:37 AM »

It also show's why he's not a good soldier

And possibly it is a response to Kevin Smith's dialogue in Clerks, questioning things like if the Empire would need independant contractors to do the blue collar jobs.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky