Author Topic: TMNT 2 (2016)  (Read 961 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 632
  • Riff Super Monsters
ROBOT CO-OP IS GAMING COMEDY
https://robotco-op.com/

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 471
Re: TMNT 2 (2016)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 03:44:22 AM »
You know, I actually liked this movie.

It was by no means perfect, it certainly had its flaws and problems and, hell, I wouldn't even strictly call it a "good" movie.  But it's not a bad movie either.   It's not as bad as I had feared given Bay's involvement and from the previews and I actually came out of it happy, with a few genuine laughs and with my childhood not needing to point to areas on a doll for the authorities.

Believe me, the movie had its problems.  It probably could used another pass on the script maybe even a better director (yes, Bay didn't direct but this director didn't do too great) and also some more quiet character moments.

*Hopefully* those behind the scenes will take the reviews they're getting and make the necessary improvements for the sequel.   But, I'm okay with this movie. I think the 1990 movie is superior in many ways, and I'm okay with a sequel to see what they do with the property from here.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:31 AM »
Yay! I hope Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady show up!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1387
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:04 AM »
New trailer looks as fun as the last, quite looking forward to this
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1705
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 06:49:02 PM »
I worked a couple days on this. I will say that the trailer makes it look like they got the tone down a bit better this time. But maybe it's just a better trailer.