Author Topic: Does anyone even maintain this section?  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
Does anyone even maintain this section?
« on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:33 AM »
At the risk of being an ass; I recognize my problem was only posted yesterday, but looking through other people's problems there's not a whole lot of 'support' going on.

I was getting ready to buy Planet of The Dinosaurs next, but now I'm reluctant.

In order to get House on Haunted Hill to work, I had to go get ANOTHER copy of the DVD (The riff said nothing about needing to be the Legends DVD). Now with Plan 9, am I going to have to go buy the DVD as well to get a high quality video rip? That's a lot of money for a riff. I see a bad pattern forming.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Does anyone even maintain this section?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 10:30:43 AM »
This is one of the less trafficked sections.  I suggest an E-Mail to support@rifftrax.com for better results.

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 10:33:58 AM »
This is one of the less trafficked sections.  I suggest an E-Mail to support@rifftrax.com for better results.

Fair enough, will do.

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 10:34:24 AM »
Thanks.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
At the risk of being an ass; I recognize my problem was only posted yesterday, but looking through other people's problems there's not a whole lot of 'support' going on.

I was getting ready to buy Planet of The Dinosaurs next, but now I'm reluctant.

In order to get House on Haunted Hill to work, I had to go get ANOTHER copy of the DVD (The riff said nothing about needing to be the Legends DVD). Now with Plan 9, am I going to have to go buy the DVD as well to get a high quality video rip? That's a lot of money for a riff. I see a bad pattern forming.

Planet of Dinosaurs will work with the Retromedia DVD.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
Planet of the Dinosaurs should be fine. I dloaded that mpg before I was working for the guys and it functioned perfectly for me.

(And you're right, this section doesn't see a lot of traffic as issues relating to VOD's normally end up in the child board of the VOD in question...on the rare occasion that they do happen these days, thank you very much. :P I also encourage people to email me directly when they have problems related to video performance at casey@rifftrax.com or send one to support first so they can make sure it's not a web related problem before passing it on to me. )

Edit: for suture reference, anything that we put out that has a Legend Films released DVD, it is usually safe ot assume that is the version that was written and recorded to and will be your best bet with any syncing or finagling you do on your own.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:17:40 PM by Thrashalla »
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.