login

Author Topic: The 2010 baseball thread  (Read 36254 times)

Offline Minnesota

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 4
  • Twins Territory
Re: The 2010 baseball thread
« Reply #480 on: September 21, 2010, 10:17:11 PM »
TWINS Hell Yeah!@!!!

:D :D

Well played Mauer.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2659
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #481 on: September 22, 2010, 12:15:04 AM »
Phillies got their magic number down to 6.  I just hope they are not peaking too soon, I guess there's a few guys that could still play a little better.  ;D

Pressure getting to the Braves?  Loads of mistakes the last 2 games, guess all the new guys on their team can't handle 45,000+ crazed Phillies phans.

If the Twins make it to the world series it's going to be fun playing up there in November... :scared:

Update:   Phillies sweep the Braves, magic number down to 4.  Oswalt didn't get the win but pitched fantastic, only gave up one hit. 
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:05:48 PM by MartyS (Gromit) »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #482 on: September 25, 2010, 05:13:28 AM »
Still looking for teams for our Fantasy Hockey League (aka the "Kill Time Until Baseball Starts" sport)   :D

It's free, it's Head To Head, smack talk encouraged but not required.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo

You have been invited to join k1's custom league in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey, Foreigners On Ice.

In order to join the league, follow the link above or go to game front page, click the "Sign Up Now" or "Get Another Team" button and follow the links to "Join a Custom League". When prompted, enter the League ID# and password below.

League ID#: 47584
Password: hosers

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #483 on: September 25, 2010, 09:37:06 AM »
AOL Fanhouse's Jeff Fletcher has reported that Tim Lincecum may have been given some "non-humidor" balls during his start in Colorado Friday.

At one point during the sixth inning, Lincecum could be pretty clearly seen saying "(expletive) juiced balls (expletive)" when he tossed a ball back to the umpire. Lincecum, who gave up just one run over eight innings in the game, has so far not commented on the allegations. It's not the first time the Rockies have been accused of slipping some non-humidor balls into play when they are batting, as Giants broadcaster Jon Miller has previously speculated on it. The Rockies, who are 51-26 at home and 31-46 on the road this season, have denied any wrongdoing.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #484 on: September 25, 2010, 10:08:06 AM »
Hey, that state invented the fifth down play in college football ......just saying

Moleman

« Reply #485 on: September 25, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »
I think its a little ridiculous to assume just because Lincecum "feels" that the ball might be juiced right after he made a bad pitch doesn't really mean the ball may have been different at all.  We're talking about baseball players who live on superstition, guys who after striking out kick themselves for not doing their pre-batting ritual correctly.

I think Lincecum just started losing some control and rather than accepting that he was a little off or losing concentration or whatever, he decided to attribute the reason to the ball since that's a strong rumor going around.  He's in the heat of the game and probably didn't even realize he said that.

I know baseball looked the other way in the past when it came to PED's, but if the Rockies have really been doing this there's just no way they wouldn't know about it.  They would have to know and be letting it happen but why would they just let Colorado do this?  It doesn't make any sense.  They have to appease all 30 teams and not just play favorites with one.

Also, most of the Rockies players have higher stats at home but the only guy who's really ridiculous in terms of home/road splits is CarGo.  Most of the other players numbers are only a little better at home which is normal for a hitters park.  Not only that but opposing teams numbers are higher as well at Coors Field not just the Rockies.  In terms of wins, Philadelphia and Minnesota have more home wins and the Tigers actually have a more outrageous home/road split in terms of wins-loss record.

It just seems ridiculous and it doesn't seem to be working if they were doing it since they still got owned by Lincecum and have been looking pretty shitty as of late.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #486 on: September 25, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
That's probably why the rumor is that they only use them late in the games that they're losing.  *shrug*  I couldn't care less.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #487 on: September 26, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
Rivera & Papelbon both blow saves in the same game. This is not a good thing for either of my fantasy baseball teams. (I have both of them in each league.)

Moleman

« Reply #488 on: September 26, 2010, 08:40:11 PM »
Cool, I'll give it a listen at some point.

Don't know if you listened to our first one but the second one is now up: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/blogs/latest/entry/full-count-the-baseball-podcast-sept-25-2010

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #489 on: September 26, 2010, 08:57:41 PM »
And I've just won my fantasy baseball league.  This is the first time I've ever won a fantasy league, and could very well be the last, so I'm savoring this victory while I can.

Also, I'm totally going to rub it in my brother's face.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #490 on: September 27, 2010, 09:59:26 AM »
I think I got this one in the bag!    But our commish is not going to give out trophies....... hurmph.

"I wish to thank Albert Pujols and Matt Holiday for making this all possible"  :D

Rank   Team Points Pts
1.   PSLOwner                      87
2.   Hardcore Pork               73
3.   Big Bag Of Broken        68
4.   Kent Hrbeck cheated  63.5
5.   RAD Racing                  63
6.   SLO DERACINATORS 59.5
7.   angry kossaks              59
8.   Ironic Badonkadonk    58.5
9.   Dawgs                           55
10.   Raging Elmos           45
11.   BillyMartinDustKick  28.5

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #491 on: September 27, 2010, 10:20:38 AM »
Oh don't worry, I've had something set aside for the winner since mid-season.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2010, 04:09:35 PM »
Oh don't worry, I've had something set aside for the winner since mid-season.

"Oh hai potentially terrifying item....."
 :speechless:

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2010, 04:46:14 PM »
Head To Head League Playoffs (so far):

Pants Party 2010: Steve Lyons Revenge league:

Consolation Bracket

What's funny is that Yahoo doesn't show the scores on any of the shutouts in the brackets. I had to add those in.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #494 on: September 29, 2010, 03:56:24 PM »