login

Author Topic: The 2010 baseball thread  (Read 36310 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The 2010 baseball thread
« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
Has anyone ever NOT come back from that?   It seems that surgery has 100% success rate.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »
Has anyone ever NOT come back from that?   It seems that surgery has 100% success rate.

Not that I've ever heard.  Maybe I should get it pre-emptively and see if I develop super human strength.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2010, 12:11:22 PM »

Not that I've ever heard.  Maybe I should get it pre-emptively and see if I develop super human strength.

It is not unprecedented.....

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:16:32 PM by Bob »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #453 on: August 30, 2010, 11:31:33 AM »
Oh Manny, you sure know how to make an exit.

2 teams later & I still hate that guy.

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #454 on: September 02, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »

I guess I'll never understand the hatred Boston-fan has for Manny. Did he act like a turd towards the end of his tenure in Beantown? Without question, but the predator posted a 1.008 OPS during his seven-years there for which obviously was a vital variable in their two World Championships. Seriously, has the fan-base forgotten that and his protection of Big Papi? Reason is your friend.  :)

Did anyone else catch Chapman either of the past two nights? I was able to catch the game last night against the Crew, and the average speed for his seven fastballs was 102.1. He was clocked as high as 103.8 & 103.9, and this was using FSN Wisconsin's gun. It was insane, and his slider is crushing.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #455 on: September 02, 2010, 09:03:07 AM »

I guess I'll never understand the hatred Boston-fan has for Manny. Did he act like a turd towards the end of his tenure in Beantown? Without question, but the predator posted a 1.008 OPS during his seven-years there for which obviously was a vital variable in their two World Championships. Seriously, has the fan-base forgotten that and his protection of Big Papi? Reason is your friend.  :)

Oh but don't forget the not running out ground balls, sometimes ridiculous defense, etc.  Not to mention the whole quitting on the team thing against the Yankees and his many "My left hammy hurts!" "There's nothing wrong with it." "Did I say left? I meant right." "Yeah we MRI'd both legs & you're fine."   :D  Hate the player, love the stats he put up.  Give me a Youkilis, Pedroia, V-Tek, or even a Trot Nixon type player any day.

Did anyone else catch Chapman either of the past two nights? I was able to catch the game last night against the Crew, and the average speed for his seven fastballs was 102.1. He was clocked as high as 103.8 & 103.9, and this was using FSN Wisconsin's gun. It was insane, and his slider is crushing.

He has some absolutely filthy stuff.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #456 on: September 02, 2010, 09:36:59 AM »

Just keep Dusty Baker away from him.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2662
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #457 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
Phew, rollercoaster ride is over...

Quite a few bad plays on both sides, loads of hits, some iffy calls, bunch of homers, a grand slam, I think 25 guys total left on base, what a crazy game tonight:

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #458 on: September 03, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »

Quite a few bad plays on both sides, loads of hits, some iffy calls, bunch of homers, a grand slam, I think 25 guys total left on base, what a crazy game tonight:

Welcome to Colorado Manny Delcarmen.  :-\
He's a nice guy. He played town league ball on my old boss' team before getting signed.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2662
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #459 on: September 03, 2010, 10:25:23 AM »
He's a nice guy. He played town league ball on my old boss' team before getting signed.

They said the same thing on the radio, Larry was joking about the strike zone when he was pitching, sorry, they don't call that in the big leages...

That 7th was so long I forgot Utley had already driven in a run and scored, then came up again and got the grand slam.  He has been hitting the Rockies hard since his first day back at the Vet.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #460 on: September 03, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »

They said the same thing on the radio, Larry was joking about the strike zone when he was pitching, sorry, they don't call that in the big leages...

Heh, out here in AL East Country people still refer to the NL as "The Minors".  (I don't agree with that, but it still makes me laugh.)

Offline Crow T. Robot 666

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
  • Do not offend the chair leg of truth.
    • Teeth of the Divine
« Reply #461 on: September 03, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »

Only Philly would have a pitcher who's name is A Bastard.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
Bill "Spaceman" Lee wins minor league game at age 63.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-billleewins090510

I'm so pissed that I forgot he was pitching. The Rox stadium is practically in my back yard. (2.5 miles)   :grr:

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »
That's pretty amazing stuff.....

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #464 on: September 06, 2010, 03:32:50 PM »
That's pretty amazing stuff.....

He's crazy.  If MLB Network ever airs it you should watch his documentary that NESN did.