login

Author Topic: The 2010 baseball thread  (Read 36211 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: The 2010 baseball thread
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
I will post a bunch of pics from Coors when I get home.  Only internet I have is on my phone out here.

anais.jude

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2010, 01:09:44 PM »
DirecTV is doing the first week of MLB package for free.   Ends tomorrow.

I'm sick of your DIrectTV love, Bob! You wanna, go? Huh? Huh?

I will post a bunch of pics from Coors when I get home.  Only internet I have is on my phone out here.

Of course the people cool enough to be your facebook friend as already seen some pics  :D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2010, 05:54:37 PM »
I'm sick of your DIrectTV love, Bob! You wanna, go? Huh? Huh?

Don't MAKE me come over there....

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2010, 08:10:38 PM »
Well, I hope K1 made it to the game, 'cause it's a humdinger.

anais.jude

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2010, 09:41:49 PM »
Grrr! I bet (hope) the Rockies kick some revenge ass tomorrow!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2010, 02:25:34 AM »
Didn't make it to the game. Went to a bbq at a friends house.  Was a really good time.  Although its 3am and I need to leave for the airport in about 4 hours...  here's hoping I can fall asleep on the plane.

MontyServo

« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2010, 04:50:14 AM »
I went ahead and ordered the MLB.TV premium package so I could watch my Orioles this year.  I chose the online package over the cable TV package mainly so I could watch the Baltimore broadcast of the games every time.  And to be able the watch the widescreen versions of the games.  And when the games are not shown live due to the national broadcast blackout rule, I can just watch the game later that night in the archive. 

So far we are 1-4, but 3 of the 4 losses have been by 1 run, so they could have easily gone the other way.  Even the 3-0 loss last night to Toronto was a lot closer than it would seem by the final score.

I still think it's gonna be a long summer and a real challenge to even get above .500.  But what can you do?

MontyServo

« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2010, 05:37:25 AM »
DirecTV is doing the first week of MLB package for free.   Ends tomorrow.

In Demand was also doing this.  So everyone should check their cable listings for the MLB Extra Innings channels, the games should be on.

There should also be another free preview week at some point this summer, usually when the half-season package goes on sale.

I'm actually glad there was a preview this week.  It was enough for me to know that I wasn't going to order it.  Standard definition games only, not every game has both home and away feeds, not every game will be shown. (This was on my system anyway, your mileage may vary).

The online package is cheaper, has both feeds for every game, has both radio feeds for every game, has archives for every game.  The picture quality is great (if you have a fast enough internet connection).  I can watch on my TV through my media center PC, or I can take the laptop out on the patio and enjoy the game outside.  (Which I did last night.)

Usually at some point during the season there will be an offer to sign up for a free week of the online package.  If I see it when it comes up, I'll post the info here.

anais.jude

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:13 PM »
First game of the season. I am quite sunburnt, but the Rockies won against San Diego....or SUCK Diego, am I right????

Anyway, I think there were a few players missing from the team. Where would i go to see who got traded this year? My fave, Ian Stewart is still around (cause he's so purdy).

My seats were right behind right field, so I got to spend most of the game looking at the well toned backside of Brad Hawpe. YUM!

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »

15 hours and change until Opening Day at Wrigley Field! Oh boy, Brewer-fans, you better show up tomorrow!!  :)

Bob, do you know what's awesome? Having Nick Stavinoha beat you w/ 2-out in the 9th.

Stavinoha?!!!!!  :D

Anyway, it's been a red-hot topic in my part of the World this past week, and I thought I'd drop a link to it in here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/columns/story?id=5068629

Hey Randy, wanna share some of your revenue from the YES Network w/  the Davids of the league? That's what circumvents revenue sharing. What a dork. However, he does sport some great Jheri curl

Anyway, I think there were a few players missing from the team. Where would i go to see who got traded this year? My fave, Ian Stewart is still around (cause he's so purdy).

Here you go, anais...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/colorado_rockies/index.html

Fun fact of the day: Coors Field is the 4th oldest pall park in the National League. Next year, it'll move up to 3rd.

That's pathetic. 

I don't think so. I can't speak on the behalf of "old" Busch Stadium, but the ballparks that had been replaced in the NL were in ugly shape alongside being capped at maximizing revenue. I think all of the new ballparks are stunning, especially AT&T in Frisco, Miller in Milwaukee, and PNC in Pittsburgh.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

anais.jude

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »
Hey Rad, I saw a scene from the Brewers game against St Louis today. This guy Fielder (#28) through a HUGE hissy fit when he struck out  :D

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2010, 08:16:17 PM »
This guy Fielder (#28) through a HUGE hissy fit when he struck out  :D

That's our Prince. Last season, he wanted a part of the Dodgers, literally:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuoA-d3xiHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MuoA-d3xiHo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

:D

Bob, do you know what's awesome? Having Nick Stavinoha beat you w/ 2-out in the 9th.

*facepalm*

Come on, Trevor!  :D

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2010, 08:26:26 PM »
Stavinoha is a Latvian word meaning "unknown player who gets one Sportscenter moment before he retires".

MontyServo

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2010, 11:55:58 PM »
Well, my O's take a 2-1 lead into the 8th inning and manage to lose 5-2 to an overachieving Toronto team that sweeps us at home..

And just like that, we are in the AL basement at 1-5.

At least we aren't the worst in MLB.  We are only the second worse team in baseball.

anais.jude

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:05 AM »
Well, my O's take a 2-1 lead into the 8th inning and manage to lose 5-2 to an overachieving Toronto team that sweeps us at home..

And just like that, we are in the AL basement at 1-5.

At least we aren't the worst in MLB.  We are only the second worse team in baseball.

Who currently is the worst team in Baseball? Also, I think the yankees shouldn't be allowed to play anymore