Author Topic: The 2010 baseball thread  (Read 34337 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The 2010 baseball thread
« Reply #540 on: November 11, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
Was watching ESPN this morning when Steve Levy was starting to announce the NL gold glove winners and he starts with, "And guess what, Derek Jeter won a gold glove in the national league too"...... Like Jeter is so awesome that he must win gold gloves in leagues he does not even play in.   He announcing parter (Neil Everett ) just went mute at that.   Then Levy mispronounces Molina's (catcher that won the gold glove) name and his co-anchor interupts him and pronounces the name correctly.

Dont know if I hated the "Derek Jeter worship" more or if I love that his co-anchor was having none of it.

P.S.  Found this gem about him..... "He is also known for leaving fellow co-anchor Keith Olbermann in stitches when, due to a teleprompter typo, he said "bulging dick" instead of "bulging disc"."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cq0WG_qSA

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #541 on: November 11, 2010, 02:39:22 PM »
Jeter...  :grr: 
Alexei Ramirez should win in my opinion.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #542 on: November 12, 2010, 05:51:47 AM »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #543 on: November 19, 2010, 08:09:32 AM »
Breaking sports news from Peter Gammons on Twitter!  :D

@pgammo Wok bm pppppppppppppppppppppppppp

@pgammo Plops

I'm not joking. He did tweet those things.  I can't wait to see if Pete Gustin covers that in his Daily Catch Up video today.

**Update**
That didn't take long.  Although not as funny as I thought he'd be with it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Igj5kHHtYE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&amp;amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6Igj5kHHtYE?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0&amp;amp;hd=1</a>

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:23:40 AM by k1 »

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #544 on: November 23, 2010, 03:52:40 PM »
This has potential to turn into quite the pissing match between Jeter & the Yankees.   :D  :D  (I kinda want the Sox to offer him & Rivera deals just for the heck of it because it'd REALLY piss off NY.  Granted everyone out here hates Jeter and we have no need or room for him, but Rivera would be embraced in a heartbeat for several reasons.  First, he's one of the best at what he does.  Second, he was a good sport at the ring ceremony/Opening Day in 2005 when he received a standing ovation from the Fenway crowd as a thank you for blowing it in the 2004 playoffs.  He just laughed, smiled, & tipped his cap. 

Gotta say I'm not surprised that V-Mart went to Detroit.  Although we sure have the potential to be heading into another "bridge" year despite a pretty hefty payroll (thanks to contracts to people like freaking JD Drew...)