login

Author Topic: The 2010 baseball thread  (Read 36275 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: The 2010 baseball thread
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
The pennant race is over...... the Cardinals just signed Jeff Suppan!

I can only imagine the thoughts that will flow through the Brew fans' heads if Suppan goes back to his Cardinals 2006 form.......

Or his 2004 World Series Baserunning Form!  :D

Which would imply he was pitching well enough for us to get to the WS..... I'll take it.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #256 on: June 11, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »
Uh Beltre? Please stop breaking the ribs of your left fielders. 2 is more than enough.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2010, 01:48:01 PM »
Welcome to the majors Daniel Nava!

Grand slam in his first AB!  :o

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2010, 02:04:44 PM »

This has happened four times since 1895. The odds of getting hit by a meteor are probably better than this! Well, maybe not, but still, damn!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2010, 02:23:25 PM »

This has happened four times since 1895. The odds of getting hit by a meteor are probably better than this! Well, maybe not, but still, damn!!!

He came up in his 2nd AB with bases loaded again! (but struck out)  Too bad since nobody has ever done it in their first 2 AB's.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »

He came up in his 2nd AB with bases loaded again! (but struck out)  Too bad since nobody has ever done it in their first 2 AB's.

Oh to have a chance at that! That would have been freakin' epic!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2010, 02:49:27 PM »

Dear fuking god, Fox has been prattling on about that for 5 innings now, how this is going to go in "baseball lore"..... constant updates, constant interviews with his parents.... give it a fuking break.   I know it happened for a Boston player and Fox loves Red Sox and Yankees, but jeez.....   Every other fuking sentence is about his hit.    Note to Fox, you are NOT the regional Red Sox channel, you are broadcasting to the rest of the US.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »

Dear fuking god, Fox has been prattling on about that for 5 innings now, how this is going to go in "baseball lore"..... constant updates, constant interviews with his parents.... give it a fuking break.   I know it happened for a Boston player and Fox loves Red Sox and Yankees, but jeez.....   Every other fuking sentence is about his hit.    Note to Fox, you are NOT the regional Red Sox channel, you are broadcasting to the rest of the US.

They really should just get it over with and launch ESPN SOX. Oh wait, they already did. It's called ESPN!!!

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2010, 03:01:39 PM »

They really should just get it over with and launch ESPN SOX. Oh wait, they already did. It's called ESPN!!!

Fox does things like that for all their sports.... they try and make everything a shitty reality show with "human drama" interviews.    Ugh.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »

Fox does things like that for all their sports.... they try and make everything a shitty reality show with "human drama" interviews.    Ugh.

I especially love when they plant stars of their new shows in the crowd. "Oh, look who just happened to show up for a nationally-televised FOX game!"

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2010, 03:24:45 PM »
 :D :D

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2662
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

The way the Phillies have been slumping I half expected him to do it twice....  Geez I hope they get back on track soon, even their defence is slumping now, some of that is due to Rollins being out but not all of it.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
OMG, THIS is why interleague play was created......

Houston Astros (25-39) at Kansas City Royals (27-37).

The three game series should draw dozens of fans.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2010, 08:30:59 PM »
OMG, THIS is why interleague play was created......

Houston Astros (25-39) at Kansas City Royals (27-37).

The three game series should draw dozens of fans.

Tomorrow is game to make interleague worth while

Ubaldo Jimenez vs Francisco Liriano

Tomorrow being get away day for the Twins there's a good chance Gardy will put the C squad on the field
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline BBQ Platypus

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 59
  • SURF'S UP, SPACE PONIES!
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2010, 09:32:01 AM »
On the bright side, watching Drew Butera flail away at major league pitching will be good practice for watching our pitchers bat in NL ballparks.
Correction: the coat hanger should be upside down.