Poll

How'd the guys Riff the Hell out of New Moon??

14 (32.6%)
15 (34.9%)
7 (16.3%)
3 (7%)
3 (7%)
1 (2.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Rank a New Moon Team  (Read 7375 times)

Offline Lazarus Dark

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 0
Re: Rank a New Moon Team
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »
Its a solid 9. Doing the second viewing tomorrow.

The problem was not really the fault of the riffers, they just really didn't have much to work with. I mean... nothing happened in this whole friggin movie. There was maybe 60 seconds of action and the rest was just... moping around. Was there even more than 100 words of dialogue in the entire film? It's amazing they could muster a 9 out of this terd.

Twilight was Emo-Tastic.
Emo-pendous.
Emo-RIFFic, if you will.

But New Moon was just... Emo-diculous.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 07:28:10 AM »
I loved the Rifftrax for the first movie, but this one was pretty boring. Too many jokes that had nothing to do with the movie and too many pop culture references. Too many "I looked like this when _____" jokes, which are beyond dead. Especially after watching the great Ice on Mars riff of the same movie, this was pretty disappointing.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 08:52:47 PM »
The first Twilight wasn't exactly a rollercoaster thrill ride, but it was a non-stop adrenaline rush compared to the first hour of New Moon. Things were such a slog at the start... the walking/resting cycles of Planet of the Dinosaurs were more compelling. The riffing was also somewhat flat, some chuckles here and there, but I found myself glancing at the DVD timer more than once. My wife went and changed into her PJs and brushed her teeth... pretty much throwing in the towel on the whole thing. But thankfully, the movie did have an ace up it's sleeve... and by ace I mean werewolves... and by sleeve I mean shirtlessness. Everything clicked over the second hour, the movie was kinda reaching for something beyond mindfuckingly dull and the riffers found some much needed riff fuel. My wife and I were laughing consistently... and the doldrums of the first half were largely forgotten. I gave it an eight overall.