Author Topic: Alice the only thing close to a likable character?  (Read 17803 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Alice the only thing close to a likable character?
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
Insightful, funny and true:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/zQwqepW97zs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/zQwqepW97zs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

This sorta validates this particular thread imo.
While I agree that the reasons she said you should not hate Twilight are true*, she only gave ONE reason to hate it, when there are a miriad of valid reasons to hate Twilight.

*Well, Twilight is really gay...

Offline Lady Ignis

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Timothy Dalton smach!
« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »
I find Carlisle(vampire father) likable, we get all this vampires who say they are good. Yet just waste immortality sitting around a classroom in High School. At least Carlisle is trying to do something with his life. Esme(the vampire mom), doesn't really get that much going on. Most of the humans are at least more interesting that Bella with the little screen time they get. The bad guys, because at least they act like vampires and you8 know want to kill Bella and Edward. Oh and Rosalie because she things immortality is not as good as we would like to think. ;D   

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2010, 12:51:24 PM »
Excuse me if this has been said before somewhere but....was watching this riff again last night and....

1) So much for Alice's precognition that she didn't see Jasper going "full-tilt blood lust" at Bella's party.

2) She found Bella's camera in Bella's purse.  What the hell was she doing going through Bella's purse?  Checking for garlic and holy water (although those probably don't work in this "saga" either)?

She's also not too smart.  Yeah, insult Jacob who can turn into the one thing in the world (other than another vampire) that can kill you outright.

And again I'm probably asking something that has no answer in the books but...

The tribe made a pact with the Cullens that they wouldn't tell "White Eyes" about them or kill them as long as the Cullens didn't hunt humans (which they didn't want to do anyway).  But what happens to the tribe if say Jacob had taken out Edward at the end of the movie?   Nothing as far as I can tell.

The Cullens don't want to kill humans - but maybe they'd make an exception?  And yet the Voltari wouldn't want to attract the kind of attention that taking out a whole reservation full of Native Americans would bring.....so would they would stop the Cullens?

And it's not like the Cullens could run to the authorities about the tribe...."Hey, those guys can turn into wolves!  How do I know that?  Um....well...."

Just pisses me off that they could have been a decent book series if it had been done by someone who could write...and plot...and didn't have a deep seated psychosis and misogynistic tendencies.....