Author Topic: Now that they've done 2 of these with Robert Pattinson  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Lovye

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 0
  • Always and Forever: Disembaudio Squadio
    • S2*
Now that they've done 2 of these with Robert Pattinson
« on: March 21, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
Who's looking forward to Harry Potter 4 now more than ever?!!!! ;D

Seriously, they have enough material for 4....

And does it seem to anybody else from hearing this commentary that at least one of them has read the Twilight series?

anais.jude

Re: Now that they've done 2 of these with Robert Pattinson
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 05:09:55 PM »
i posted the other day how much I can't wait for Goblet of Fire. They should riff every movie Robert Patterson will ever make just to use twilight jokes! Well they are much more clever than that, but those are the jokes I will always use!

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »
And does it seem to anybody else from hearing this commentary that at least one of them has read the Twilight series?

Of course someone in the group has as research.  No one reasonable critiques something they know nothing about.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 09:37:00 PM »

Of course someone in the group has as research.

Man, I hope that pays well.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 09:40:57 PM »
I'd love for them to riff HP 4 but I've given up hope. :-[

Having Robert in it would give them a lot of ammo though, that's true.
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline FordPrefect

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 01:49:53 AM »

There's no deadline on creating a specific Rifftrax. They can complete one for Goblet of Fire whenever they are ready.

The Harry Potter riffs for the first three films are big sellers, but I think the reason they haven't done the others yet is because there's just so much material they've already covered. I remember Kevin saying in an interview that it was getting really difficult to make fresh jokes about Hagrid. Best to go after other films for a while and come back to it when it's fresh again. In the meantime, there are a couple guys here who are going to release an iRiff for Goblet of Fire soon. I'm sure people will be interested to see what they come up with.

Here's a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5m2jFgCUKM

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 05:15:56 AM »
There's no deadline on creating a specific Rifftrax.

I didn't say there was.

They can complete one for Goblet of Fire whenever they are ready.

I didn't say they couldn't.

I'm just saying I've lost hope.  But I could always be wrong.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »

Of course someone in the group has as research.  No one reasonable critiques something they know nothing about.

What critique? They're making jokes, not a scholarly explication. You're implying that the Brains researched all the movies they did on MST3k.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 383
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
s
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 05:30:22 AM »

There's no deadline on creating a specific Rifftrax. They can complete one for Goblet of Fire whenever they are ready.

The Harry Potter riffs for the first three films are big sellers, but I think the reason they haven't done the others yet is because there's just so much material they've already covered. I remember Kevin saying in an interview that it was getting really difficult to make fresh jokes about Hagrid. Best to go after other films for a while and come back to it when it's fresh again. In the meantime, there are a couple guys here who are going to release an iRiff for Goblet of Fire soon. I'm sure people will be interested to see what they come up with.

Here's a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5m2jFgCUKM
The three I've given up hope on are HP 4, LOTR 3 and X-Men 3 (...and Watchmen, but that's one I assume will never happen; I just have to come to terms with that).  I'm not saying they'll never do them.  But I think I'm agreeing with ShadowDog when I say I just can't keep wondering/hoping if in the Next 20Qs they'll announce any of those three.  I'm guessing those may come under consideration, but I can't be surprised if they never do them.

You know what that means?  Get on it, iRiffers!!!  (...except that NNork/Riff Roll Productions has already got HP4 down; should be a good one).

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 05:40:18 AM »
Yeah, that's exactly what I was saying, you just said it more clearly.

anais.jude

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 12:53:49 PM »
Watchmen would be sooo good riffed, though. Maybe a Rifftrax Presents?

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2010, 04:04:03 PM »
It's close to 3hrs and contains a good dosage of male full frontal.  Just one of those might be enough to keep RiffTrax (in any form [but iRiffs]) away.  With both, it's just about a death knell.  I still think it'd make for a great riff though too.

Offline Sharktopus

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3
  • May the Porkins be with you.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »
It's close to 3hrs and contains a good dosage of male full frontal.  Just one of those might be enough to keep RiffTrax (in any form [but iRiffs]) away.  With both, it's just about a death knell.  I still think it'd make for a great riff though too.

There's not really that much nudity. Wangs on film usually make me uncomfortable, but Dr Manhattan's CG blue dingaling isn't that prominent. I'd take three hours of that over just a second of, say, Harvey Keitel's wingdangdoodle.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 07:06:19 PM »

There's not really that much nudity. Wangs on film usually make me uncomfortable, but Dr Manhattan's CG blue dingaling isn't that prominent. I'd take three hours of that over just a second of, say, Harvey Keitel's wingdangdoodle.
"Oh it's not that much nudity" doesn't really work here tho.  There's never been a RiffTrax with a penis in it.  And you can put that it in your signature.

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2010, 07:18:16 PM »

What critique? They're making jokes, not a scholarly explication. You're implying that the Brains researched all the movies they did on MST3k.

MST3K had a staff member who appeared in the end credits as "Research".

Yes, critique.  As in the comments they've made during the original Star Wars trilogy - about R2 not being flying or use his flamethrower or the word "Padawan" never being used or the thing about the musician in RotJ being a Jizz something or other - which they wouldn't have been able to make if they hadn't seen the Prequels or done any reading on the subject of the Star Wars Universe.