Author Topic: So what have we learned?  (Read 23488 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 972
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: So what have we learned?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »
I learned that Dakota Fanning has gotten freakishly tall.

Seriously, in "Push" she was normal height for her age, and now at 16 she's taller than Kristen Stewart, who's 4 years older and the gal who plays Alice, who's in her mid 20s. Heck, she's taller than Joan Jett, who's probably 175 by now. She's going to become a freakish giant of a woman who will swallow entire cities whole! Run! Run and flee!

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 136
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »
I learned obsessively stalking and wanting to commit suicide over another person is in fact true love.

I also learned that I won't turn gay if I stare at shirtless guys for 90 minutes.

Offline Lemming Howard

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 178
  • God rest you Brother.
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2010, 01:10:58 AM »
I learned that somehow Miss "Adrenalin Rush" can still possess  the most expressionless face in movie history.  I swear I even think her eyes look crossed when she's looking down and having an "introspective" moment.    
And I'm worse than Hitler.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2010, 02:27:11 AM »
I also learned that I won't turn gay if I stare at shirtless guys for 90 minutes.

I like men now!

Offline Remerdre

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 05:55:26 AM »
I've learned that Kristen Stewart can blink and stammer and pause her way through two entire movies, and no one will be concerned enough to have her tested for a neurological disorder.
"Oh Stewardess, I speak jive."

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5534
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 07:22:16 AM »

I like men now!
:D :D :D

I've learned that Kristen Stewart can blink and stammer and pause her way through two entire movies, and no one will be concerned enough to have her tested for a neurological disorder.
Nobody tested Shatner.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 08:40:40 AM »
Oh, I also learned that when 7 ageless vampires pretend to be teenagers, and 2 more pretend to be their middle aged parents, people will notice the age discrepancy in the parents first.  After only 1 year.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 09:39:23 AM »

I think Kristen Stewart can act. It's just the amateurish material of these movies that's caused her to forget basic human brain activities. From what I've seen of the Runaways movie she nails Joan Jett.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline ShadowDog

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 102
  • Just call me Mr. PIE
    • Indie Movie Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 03:53:06 PM »
Kristen Stewart ... nails Joan Jett.

If THAT is in the movie, I'm watching it!
"Did she just say Chipping?"

Offline Plastic Self-Cleaning Duck

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked: 2
  • Duck!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »
I think Kristen Stewart can act. It's just the amateurish material of these movies that's caused her to forget basic human brain activities. From what I've seen of the Runaways movie she nails Joan Jett.

I remember her from Panic Room - I'm still not convinced.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Dragon of Light
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »

I remember her from Panic Room - I'm still not convinced.

IKristen Stewart is still young. I'm not going to judge her acting abilities just based on the anti-hype surrounding the Twilight movies. I just don't think she  has found the right creative team and project yet.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 07:50:41 PM »
I've learned that even in supremely crappy movies Dakota Fanning shines like a burning diamond. That girl is going places.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5534
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »
I learned that Edward without his shirt looks like Tim from Boggy Creek II finally did a few pushups, and it didn't really help.

Offline Piobman

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 136
    • Riff Cover Art
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 08:08:09 PM »
I've learned that even in supremely crappy movies Dakota Fanning shines like a burning diamond. That girl is going places.

That's weird, I only remember her pretending trying to kill somebody with her mind by staring intently. She is about as memorable as the rest of the movie to me.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 08:31:11 PM »

That's weird, I only remember her pretending trying to kill somebody with her mind by staring intently. She is about as memorable as the rest of the movie to me.

She's a very talented actress; I have no doubt about that. Seeing her being dedicated enough to the role to not sleepwalk through it shows, to me, a level of maturity and professional behavior that makes me respect her all the more.

Basically, actually caring about not sucking in Twilight just makes me say "Brava, Dakota, Brava."

But that's just one fangirlish opinion.  ;D
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"