Author Topic: Rifftrax vs. MST3K vs. Television and Whycome?  (Read 7959 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Re: Rifftrax vs. MST3K vs. Television and Whycome?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
Cheers and the such was a very story centric sitcom that ran its course.  There was nowhere left for the story to go.

MST3K falls into the same category as SNL - there will always be something to make fun of.

Okay FINE.  Then how come nobody ever clamors for Laugh In to come back to television?

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 01:32:29 AM »
Okay FINE.  Then how come nobody ever clamors for Laugh In to come back to television?

Nixon.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Thom_Serveaux

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1
  • *Platypus Sound*
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 09:33:55 PM »
So, RiffTrax covers the higher budget, newer movies that may not even be all that bad.  MST3K covers the obscure crap rotting in archives that weve never heard of.
They should go back to doing obscure films. Then I can finally see a riffing on Spider's Web: A Pigs Tale or Rugrats: Three Jacks and a Beanstalk.
Um, RiffTrax also does those rather obscure shorts, do they not?

Offline VonEnemy

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • Von's Views
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 03:16:11 AM »
it is unfortunate that it would cost obscene amounts of money to put this type of show on television and tv almost dead. by that i mean free tv is almost a thing of the past and cable has soooo many competing shows its nearly impossible to keep a "live" audience as apposed to a tivo/dvr audience. Besides i think its more fun to pick and choose what you want to see. Thank god i stumbled across MST3k and thank god even more that rifftrax is here to fill the void :D :clap: :highfive: