login

Author Topic: Shorts DVD Themes  (Read 2033 times)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 188
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Shorts DVD Themes
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »
I've decided to reorganize my shorts DVDs by theme, rather than chronologically. I think they'll be more fun to watch that way, and it has the added benefit of keeping two-parters together. Here's the themes that I came up with:

Finance & Patriotism
Holidays
Nutrition & Hygiene
Safety
Sex, Drugs, & Crime
Social Guidance
Sports & Nature
Women

I works pretty well, but I don't really care for the "Finance & Patriotism" theme that much (it includes "Patriotism", "Buying Food", "The Bill of Rights in Action", "What it Means to be an American", and "American Thrift"), and some of the shorts don't fit neatly into one theme ("Buying Food", "Call it Free", "Each Child is Different", "Coffee House Rendezvous")

Anyone have any better ideas for themes, or where these odd shorts can go? Thanks  ;)

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 3808
  • Now you're playing with power!
Re: Shorts DVD Themes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 12:40:56 PM »
Shouldn't sex go with hygene?  Or it's own little thingy?

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 03:20:02 PM »
Shouldn't sex go with hygene?  Or it's own little thingy?

I dunno, I kind of like putting all of the "evil" shorts together. Plus, there was more of a cross-over in the shorts between nutrition and hygiene than sex and hygiene. And there really aren't enough sex/dating shorts to have them separate (at this time, anyway).

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »
I made a few improvements, but I still don't know where to put "Call It Free". I thought about making a "Job Training" category, but not many shorts could be in that (plus the safety ones work better in the Safety category).
----

Holidays (A Visit to Santa, Christmas Toyshop, The Night Before Christmas, Christmas Rhapsody, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Christmas Dream)

Nutrition & Hygiene (Why Doesn't Cathy Eat Breakfast? / Petaluna Chicken, Buying Food, Kitty Cleans Up, Good Health Practices, Good Eating Habits, As We Like It, Cooking Terms, Three Magic Words)

Patriotism (Patriotism, The Bill of Rights in Action, What it Means to be an American (Part 1&2), American Thrift (Part 1&2))

Safety (Signal 30, Safety - Harm Hides at Home, If Mirrors Could Speak, One Got Fat - Bicycle Safety, Down and Out, It Must Be the Neighbors, Shake Hands With Danger, Your Chance to Live, Primary Safety: In The School Building, Highway Mania, The Case of Tommy Tucker (Part 1&2))

Sex, Drugs, & Crime (The Terrible Truth, Drugs Are Like That, Why Vandalism?, Know for Sure, How Much Affection?, Going Steady, Damaged Goods, What About Juvenile Delinquency, Alcohol Trigger Films, Teenagers on Trial, The Story of a Teen Age Drug Addict)

Social Guidance (Act Your Age, Beginning Responsibility: Lunchroom Manners, Coffee House Rendezvous, Are You Popular?, Skipper Learns a Lesson, Right or Wrong? (Making Moral Decisions), Each Child is Different, Shy Guy, Self Conscious Guy, Overcoming Fear, Playing Together, Understanding Your Ideals, You And Your Family, Snap Out of It!, Toward Emotional Maturity)

Sports & NatureWomen (The Trouble with Women, Back to School with Joan Miller, Flying Stewardess, Constance Bennett's Daily Beauty Rituals, Women in Blue, Molly Grows Up)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 03:35:02 PM by eegah »

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 06:12:48 PM »
FYI: I settled on these themes:

Child Education
Christmas
Food & Health
Misc
Patriotism
Safety
Sex, Drugs, & Crime
Social Guidance
Spots & Nature
Women

Offline stansimpson

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 187
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 06:17:06 PM »
Is it me or are all the shorts of late been aimed at children?  I'm not complaining.  In fact, I prefer those ones.  I just think that Child Education might be disproportionally larger than the rest.

And btw, love the 'Mazing Man avatar, Johnny U!

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »
Is it me or are all the shorts of late been aimed at children? 

You are correct, most of the recent ones go in that category. Previously, there was only one so I had put it in "Misc" but the new ones necessitated a new theme.

I just think that Child Education might be disproportionally larger than the rest.

Right now, it's just 9 shorts. If they eventually fill up a dvd, I'll make dvd #2 like I have to do with Social Guidance (18 shorts) and Safety (11 shorts) already.