Author Topic: Rock Band 3: The Search For Squeeze  (Read 24874 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1007
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Rock Band 3: The Search For Squeeze
« on: March 09, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
From Harmonix's Facebook page today:

Rock Band  Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!

Rumors are abounding about "controllers that will help you learn how to play the real thing." I'll believe it when I see pics. Let the speculation begin though.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 847
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Rock Band 3: The Search For Squeeze
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:09:43 PM »
From Harmonix's Facebook page today:

Rock Band  Harmonix is developing Rock Band 3 for worldwide release this holiday season! The game, which will be published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts, will innovate and revolutionize the music genre once again, just as Harmonix did with the original Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and The Beatles: Rock Band. Stay tuned for more details!

Rumors are abounding about "controllers that will help you learn how to play the real thing." I'll believe it when I see pics. Let the speculation begin though.

I could give a rats about a more realistic guitar... I have three real ones. I just want more drums! I want a hi hat pedal. I want open and closed hi-hat notes too.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 07:22:34 PM »
Well, allegedly if you're using the Ion drum kit , RB can already see if you're hitting the cymbals during fills. But I have no way of confirming this as I'm not insane enough to have bought one. And GH Metallica had that second drum pedal... but yeah, they could tweak the drums a bit more. However, most of the current stuff is hypothesizing about seeing something like this in RB:

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/new-rhythm-game-uses-real-guitar/1904/

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 09:01:57 PM »
Well, allegedly if you're using the Ion drum kit , RB can already see if you're hitting the cymbals during fills. But I have no way of confirming this as I'm not insane enough to have bought one. And GH Metallica had that second drum pedal... but yeah, they could tweak the drums a bit more. However, most of the current stuff is hypothesizing about seeing something like this in RB:

Yeah it recognizes extra cymbals. I have the madcatz three cymbal kit for my RB2 kit. You can only use it in the fills to have separate cymbals (hi-hat, ride, and crash). In the regular runs it just doubles the pads. On most songs i know when to use the cymbals as they should be in the song but it is not required to in the game.  I don't care about double kick drums at all.  It would be sweet though to get the hi-hat pedal in there so it is like playing a real kit.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »
So are you saying RB will recognize hits on the orange cymbal on my Guitar Hero: World Tour drum kit?

Speaking of which, anyone else notice that the GH:WT drum kit has a MIDI Out jack? Hmmmm...
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »
I'm hoping Rock Band 3 will have vocal harmonies. That's the big one for me.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
So are you saying RB will recognize hits on the orange cymbal on my Guitar Hero: World Tour drum kit?

Nope. The way that the GH kit is mapped makes it so that the orange cymbal is not used at all.

Offline carlobee

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
wow.. playing it like the real thing would be great. i wonder how they would do this.

Offline James of LinHood

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 2
  • Romans 12:2
    • The Facebookz
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »
If they do develop something that would be closer to playing a real guitar, I really, really hope that they have an option to play your regular Rock Band guitars too.  It would kinda suck to have to learn how to play this game all over again.

Here's what I'm hoping for in this game:

- The inclusion of vocal harmonies/back up vocals.  If they included a patch that would include this function on the previous DLC as well that would rule.

- Rock Band 1/2/LEGO exportability.

- Rock Band Network functionality.

- That Rock Band 3 would save my settings when I switch it to breakneck speed, like Beatles: Rock Band does (Unlike Rock Band 2, where I have to go into the options and turn that on every single time I start up the game).

- Better stat tracking (More stats shown after every song, like Guitar Hero has).  And that the menu would show my star ranking, again, like Beatles: Rock Band does.

- No impossibly hard, frustrating songs on-disc like Visions by Abnormality on Rock Band 2.  Keep that kinda crap in the DLC market where it belongs.

What I'd like to see but am not holding my breath for:

- A keyboard peripheral.  It would really open up new areas of music for them to make charts for.  And they'd no longer have to chart piano parts to guitar, which I've always hated.
Imrahil: Don't care about Riding with Death.

Bob: Turkey.

Action Batch:  Woah, let's all mellow out and rap about this.

Offline FBX

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
Adding more frets to the guitar is a no brainer. After playing real guitar, the guitar controller just doesn't feel even remotely real thanks to the fact my hand almost never moves. Its particularly annoying in that in a lot of songs the fingers will stay the same (such as in power cords) and move up and down the kneck. Such a thing not possible with the current guitar controllers.

I dont know why you would add strings though, that would really bump the difficulty up to beyond the main stream... I'm assuming it would be a situation where its not how well you play the strings, just a matter of touching the right string and fret.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:59:56 PM »
Well, with that particular piece of hardware in the pic, they're actually meaning for it to be both a controller and if you plus it into an amp, a real guitar. Although it would probably still be a real guitar without the amp, just a quieter one. No idea what Harmonix is thinking though, or even if that's more than just a rumor.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:14 AM »
I'd like to see them keep the Super Easy mode from Lego Rock Band so that my 3 year old can play along still.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »
Seen at the end of the Green Day Demo:

Keys. Interesting.... (And I'll start the Piano Man requests.)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1519
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »
Vocal harmonies I assume will be in it as well since I think I heard they will have them in Green Day Rock Band.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
Seen at the end of the Green Day Demo:

Keys. Interesting.... (And I'll start the Piano Man requests.)

The Rock Band forum is all abuzz over this.

Oh, and when I offered up my idea for a Billy Joel 12-pack, "Piano Man" didn't even make the list.   :)

- Conan O'Brien