Author Topic: Legend of the Titanic and Tentacolino  (Read 10983 times)

Offline Toby Danger

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 4
Legend of the Titanic and Tentacolino
« on: March 08, 2010, 12:16:48 AM »
Anyone remember Tttanic: The Animated Movie? It was a cartoon rip-off of James Cameron's Titanic made famous for it's crappy animation, shonky plot, and the now legendary Rapping Dog. PARTY TIME!

Well incredibly, there are two other animated Titanic movies which are even worse than that one.

Legend of the Titanic starts off pretty similar to the original movie and the first cartoon. We've got a rich girl and a poor guy (who is secretly a prince) falling in love, an evil British guy (with an eyepatch, so you know he's evil) and loads of talking cartoon mice running about.

But then it takes a swift turn into lunacy when the villain plots to sink the Titanic... by recruiting a gang of talking sharks.
Yes, talking sharks. Who all wear prison caps and talk in Brooklin accents, so you know they're evil as well. The sharks trick a friendly giant octopus into lobbing an iceberg at the Titanic, but luckily the creature relents and manages to ensure that absolutely no one dies during the sinking of the Titanic.
Yeah, historical accuracy isn't quite a big deal in this one.

Tentacolino is a direct sequel, and wastes no time in going completely over the edge into batshit insanity. The heros from the first film take a sub to find the Titanic, and discover it crashed convienienly close to.... the underwater city of Atlantis.

Words fail me to describe this movie fully. It's got rapping sharks, pirate rats, a gay plush toy that sings broadway tunes, a dog that shoots a laser gun, and a little Scottish boy dressed like a girl. You really do have to see it to believe it.

I would love to see these horrors Riffed in some form.

Offline Cosmic Muse

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 0
  • Dragon of Light
Re: Legend of the Titanic and Tentacolino
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 02:44:11 AM »
But then it takes a swift turn into lunacy when the villain plots to sink the Titanic... by recruiting a gang of talking sharks.
Yes, talking sharks. Who all wear prison caps and talk in Brooklin accents, so you know they're evil as well.

Joey Wheeler from Yu Gi Oh would be quite offended by that remark.
Being a genocidal maniac is not one of my turn ons.

Is it weird to hear the Safety Dance in my head watching Game of Thrones?