login

Author Topic: What did we learn from Molly?  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Kenotic

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 4
  • Small and of no account
What did we learn from Molly?
« on: March 06, 2010, 02:59:14 AM »
I learned that:

- Kids grow up so fast, and every person over 40 is required to stare at you once you hit age 12 and repeat this fact out loud.
- You can clear a room of men by saying "Guess what happened to our little Molly," because all of the fun things (first potty use, loose teeth, first valentine, first A+) are long gone and they can only get more awkward.
- Sore throats clear up really quick once the plot kicks in.
- I won't lie -- little kids playing dress up is cute in most contexts. Maybe this is just because it was the early 50s and today we'd be subjected to her putting on her Ke$ha outfit mom thought she threw out.
- I expected a father who looked like a cross between Charles Schultz and Fred Rogers to be far more comforting than upsetting.
- I grew up in the era of "Send the boys to play basketball or whatever, we don't care: they'll figure it all out via rumors, older boys lying to them, and sneaking a look at the illustrated encyclopedia when the librarian isn't around." This movie would have been better than pretending the girls were off doing the same thing.
- Apparently there were a lot of girls with their hands up asking "Yeah, but can we picnic?"
- On the other hand, I'm sorry they can only play games like Monopoly and Risk, while Pit and Taboo must be done in moderation.
I was a student at a small midwestern college....

Offline Tyrant

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • 2007-11 Satanic Humanitarian Award Winner
Re: What did we learn from Molly?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
I learned that I can dance, but not squaredance.

Offline THE QUEEN!!!

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 0
Re: What did we learn from Molly?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
I learned that I can dance, but not squaredance.
You can squaredance MODERATELY. (How do you do that, anyway?) Does that include linedancing? I'm so confused!!

I learned that 12 year olds weren't embarrassed about anything in the 50s. And I learned that I can still go on picnics. Phew!!
"Kissing is like WiFi. Just get within the general area." ---New Moon RT