login

Author Topic: Blu-ray integration?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline Joda

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Blu-ray integration?
« on: February 25, 2010, 08:22:05 PM »
I was just wondering; are there any plans to make the player compatible with any of the major BD software players on the market? I already own the full version of one, and have tried watching some of my HP BD discs with a RiffTrax, and noticed that it synced perfectly with the NTSC RiffTraxes (which is weird come to think of it, as the BD box set I bought was Region 2; PAL), so all it really needs is integration capabilities.

I know you won't be able to add native support for Blu-Ray as the standard is pretty well protected and still highly proprietary, but my player, for instance, allows integration with Windows Media Center, which leads me to believe that it wouldn't be too difficult to code the RiffTrax player to integration of various BD software players?

Also: I'm sorry if this thread has already been made, but I was unable to find anything when searching.

Offline rchapoteau

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: Blu-ray integration?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:44:56 PM »
Has anyone successfully used a standard Blu-Ray movie with Rifftrax? I was planning on playing New Moon by renting a blu-ray version at blockbuster.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »
I watch rifftrax using Blu Rays all the time,of course I am not using the player I am using my MP3 player.

Offline Blaine

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 12:39:21 PM »
Has anyone successfully used a standard Blu-Ray movie with Rifftrax? I was planning on playing New Moon by renting a blu-ray version at blockbuster.

The last 6 or so Rifftrax I've watched have all been blu-ray. The only, only one I had problems with was Twilight. But I think there was a problem with the (legitimately acquired) rip.

Offline Joda

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 05:27:37 AM »

As I said in the OP, my PAL BDs sync perfectly with the NTSC Riffs. I don't know about NTSC BDs, but I assume it's the same.